“Great if you need disabled facilities on a budget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Norwich

You added Holiday Inn Express Norwich to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Norwich
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Norwich Sports Village | Drayton High Road, Norwich NR6 5DU, England (Formerly Norwich Sport Village Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Great if you need disabled facilities on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

More than happy to help, bathroom is safe, clean and fully accessible, if a little small.
Staff were a little quick clearing away breakfast - Boxing Day or not, they finished serving at 9.30am, not the weekend time of 10.00am.

But great value for the money! We will be staying again :)

Room Tip: Ask for a bed with risers if you need them - not all accessible rooms have them.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear TessaJohnson,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to meet your accommodation requirements.

It I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your positive feedback. We offer 4 accessible non-smoking rooms which are adapted with safety alarms, lowered units and grab rails. I am pleased our rooms were suitable for your requirements and hope you choose to stay with us on our next visit. I apologise our breakfast time finished early on Boxing Day and will investigate why this occurred as a Bank Holiday.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a very clean and comfortable hotel for an overnight stay. We just wanted somewhere whilst attending a family function and it was adequate, next to a 24 hour Asda and a virgin sports centre but although our room was on the front it was very quiet. Own reserved parking. The breakfast was adequate but I was very surprised that there was only sausage and no bacon, apparently this is not an option. A word of advice, if you want a drink go and get it from Asda, 2 pints of lager a glass of wine and a very small tub of nuts cost £16. Very easy to find.

Room Tip: On the room choices, for the same price we went for one with a sofa which gave more room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jenny M30,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel 'clean and comfortable'. We take great pride ensuring we provide a high standard of accommodation and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am sorry you expected to see bacon on our breakfast offering. As explained, this is unfortunately not available as we have to adhere to the Holiday Inn Express brand standards. We offer over 20 different products with our free breakfast ranging from Danish Pastries to Scrambled Eggs and Sausages. I hope you enjoyed these available products. I am also sorry you found our bar prices expensive. We ensure our prices stay competitive with the surrounding hotels, but I will ensure your feedback is passed on.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future and thank you for your recent custom with us.

Best Wishes,
Ashford, Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here for two nights at the end of December 2013. Managed to get an excellent rate of 28 pounds a night. Room whilst clean is getting dated and could do with being re-furbished. Location is on the outskirts of Norwich with an Asda and leisure centre next door. Breakfast was ok but the croissants and pastry were a bit stale. They were also always running out of hot food. The parking situation is not great with the parking shared with the leisure centre and there wasn't that many spaces and the spaces were extremely small.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Matty17r,

Thank you for your recent custom and for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback is always welcomed as we rely on our guest’s comments to continuously monitor and improve our products and services.

I am pleased to see you were found the rate offered of a competitive price and whilst you found the room was slightly dated, it was clean. Our housekeeping department work hard to ensure our hotel is kept scrupulously clean and your recognition is greatly appreciated.

It is unfortunate you found the rooms dated as our hotel is only 6 years old and we have renovated half our hotel carpets to ensure we keep our rooms to a modern standard. Maybe one of our renovated rooms would be more suitable for you on your next visit? Please don’t hesitate to ask a member of our team for a room preference and we will try our hardest to meet your request.

Your comments regarding our breakfast quality has been passed on to our Food & Beverage department for review and we will look into ways to ensure our pastry selection is kept warm without becoming hard and our hot buffet selection is consistently topped up during busy periods. Thank you for bringing these points to our attention.

With regards to our car park I can only apologise you could not park in the 'hotel only' car park during our busy period. We do share our overflow car park with our neighbouring sports centre and I will pass these points on to the General Manager to investigate the width of our spaces.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,
Dumfries, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

have stayed here before and found it to be O.K. but on this occasion, I booked two rooms for a couple of days, One for my wife and I and another for one of my sons.
Everything has gone down hill since our last visit. In our room the light in the entrance area did not work and as a consequence my wife couldn't see to use the hair drier that is positioned in this area but worse than that was the fact that pillows smelled of unwashed hair of others, we had to wrap towels around pillows to disguise the smell.
I brought both these situations to the attention of reception and was given assurances on more than one occasion that all would be sorted out. IT NEVER WAS! one person even said they would change the light bulb if they could find one!
Never again!!!!!

Room Tip: if you really have to stay here, ask for a room at the front of the hotel looking out towards the AS...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear seegee123,

Thank you for your custom at Holiday Inn Express Norwich.

Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the problems you encountered during your stay with us. It is unfortunate that you felt the service provided was not up to standard and we have investigated the situation to ensure this does not happen again. I can confirm that your bedroom pillows were changed immediately when this was brought to our attention and the light was found to be broken. I trust my colleagues offered you a suitable room change upon investigation? If you would like to contact me on: reservations@hiexnorwich.co.uk, I would be more than happy to speak to you about this and rectify the problematic stay.

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope we can restore your trust in our brand to welcome you back in the future.

Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We have family in Norwich so come fairly often and we usually stay in a local B&B but this time our decision to visit was a bit late and no rooms were available. So we called here (as my mum had stayed here on a previous visit) the day before and got a room which, according to her, was much cheaper than the B&b. I wasn't expecting much as some of the chained hotels can sometimes be a bit run down, but this one was an exception. I don't know if it's been built recently, but everything was clean, tidy and modern. The room was perfectly adequate for a couple of days, and the bed and pillows were more comfortable than the B&B I'm used to staying at. We were at the front of the building and, yes, there was a little noise from the Asda and surrounding businesses, but after a while this quietened down and you didn't really notice it. The curtains were thick enough to block out any light and it was fine. Parking was a bit of a nightmare when we first arrived in the mid afternoon and we had to park halfway across the carpark. But after we'd checked in, left to go to the family's house, then came back, all the shopper's and gym visitors cars had gone and there was plenty of space so we parked right in front of the Hotel. I don't know what people expect from a hotel surrounded by other busy shops, etc, but I thought everything was fine. We'll more than likely be going back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear bluebell1811,

Thank you for your recent custom at Holiday Inn Express and for sharing your review online.

I am delighted we were a suitable choice of accommodation for your requirements and thank you for your kind comments. We work close with our housekeeping team to ensure our hotel is scrupulously clean and install blackout curtains to ensure the best night’s sleep is guaranteed. I do apologise the car park may have been busy during your time with us. This is currently under review as we look to provide more hotel only spaces and improve signage.

Thank you once again for your positive comments. I hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to Norwich.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hotel was ok, what you would expect. Cardboard sausages and air conditioning didn't work. Outside is a different case. The car park is shared, whether the hotel means it to be or not, with Asda, a gym and skate rink, poorly lit and my car was dinged overnight. very poor location for a hotel.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn, what do you expect?
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
BenSayer, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear gloriamundi,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us due to our location. I am concerned to hear your car was ''dinged'' overnight and you felt our location was ''dodgy''. Our main hotel car park is located at the front of the hotel which offers parking for hotels guests only. Our overflow car park is located to the side of the hotel building, however, we rarely receive any complaints due to problems in the car park as the area we are located in is not residential and can only be easily accessed by car. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the relevant department for review and would like to apologise for the problem you encountered and can only describe this as a very unfortunate circumstance. As we are located on the Norwich Ring Road, we boast excellent transport links into Norwich City Centre, Norwich Airport and the villages of Norfolk. Although it may not be suitable for everyone's requirements, we are a preferred hotel for many residents due to the ease of accessibility to our hotel and I apologise you felt our location was not suitable.

I am also concerned to hear your air conditioning was not working during your stay. I am unaware of any failures/faults with our air conditioning system and hope you spoke to a member of our 24 hour reception staff to offer assistance setting up your heating system. Understandably, each air conditioning unit operates differently in each hotel and our staff will be more than happy to provide assistance/instruction setting this up for you. I am sorry you experienced problems with this.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the car park and air conditioning problem and be rest assured they will be followed up for investigation.

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights during the half term break. Our room was on the ground floor at the back of the hotel accessed by walking past the reception desk. Then turning left through the door then walking down the corridor. I was woken up1 night by something that resembled a screeching power generator. No idea what it was in the morning I looked out of the window there seems to be some kind of huge generator at the back . This however did not spoil my stay. The front of house staff were all excellent very friendly. We had a twin room which was as good size. Nice shower looked liked brand new. Very comfy Bed and as really good choice. I think we got the deal for around £60 per night Parking was good we managed to park outside the Hotel every night

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear ManchesterJeterfan,

Thank you for your positive review and for using Holiday Inn Express Norwich to meet your accommodation needs.

I would like to apologise for the noise problem during your first night and will ensure this is addressed. I am delighted however the remainder of your stay was enjoyable and will ensure all departments are made aware of your kind comments. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests as we use this information to measure are services we provide.

Thank you once again for your review. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,
Guest Service Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Norwich? Share your experiences!