“Good Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Norwich

You added Holiday Inn Express Norwich to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Norwich
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Norwich Sports Village | Drayton High Road, Norwich NR6 5DU, England (Formerly Norwich Sport Village Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Norwich
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Good Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night, while visiting a relative in Norwich. We had a late arrival, about 10.30pm reception was very welcoming and our room on the first floor was clean and warm.
The bed was a bit hard for me but other than that it was ideal for what we needed. Breakfast was a choice of cooked, cereals or continental, coffee tea and juices and was included in the price (£59 a night for 2). Overall excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BenSayer, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Norwich.

I am pleased you were greeted pleasantly upon your late arrival. We take great pride in our staff customer service quality and I will pass your comments on to the relevant staff member. I am also pleased you were satisfied with the rate you paid and enjoyed our complimentary Express Start Breakfast.

I apologies you felt the bed was slightly too firm for your personal preference. It is always difficult meeting the perfect mattress comfort for each guest, however I can assure that our 'Hypnos' mattresses are there to meet the Holiday Inn Express brand standards. I will pass your comments to the IHG directly.

Thank you once again for your positive comments and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great staff, neat tidy room, great breakfast and although in a rather tatty suburb opposite a large supermarket this is a great hotel.smoking rooms too which is a great bonus. Cannot rate the staff too highly....don't you think they always make or break a stay...this bunch made it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such positive comments regarding our staff at Holiday Inn Express Norwich. I will pass these onto the team for you who I'm sure will be pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I am also glad you enjoyed your smoking room at our hotel. We are fortunate to still offer a limited number of these rooms to our guests upon request.

Once again, thank you. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here as a last minute over easter, on arrival greeted by very friendly staff, nothing seemed too much trouble, welcoming reception area, room was very comfortable, more than adequate breakfast, got great deal on room rate as used the government rate as work for council so all in all a very pleasant stay, would def recommend

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
UlaCiesielska, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, April 7, 2013

I am glad that you found our hotel staff to be friendly and provided you with excellent customer service. I will ensure your positive comment will be passed on our team.
It was great to hear you were pleased with your room, breakfast service and that you felt it was value for money.

Thank you for visiting the Holiday Inn Express Norwich, we hope to welcome you back soon.
manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have just spent a easter break at the Holiday inn express Norwich. I had two uncomfortable nights as the room as freezing cold. After complaining to reception we were given a mini heater, but the heating in the room still wasnt warm. The reception staff brought another heater up but rather than fix the problem, a sticky plaster was put to try and rectify the situation. I believe the heating in the room is either restricted or set to summer setting either way the problem wasnt resolved for our stay (other people on the second floor complained as welll as our party). The breakfast selection doesnt get replaced quickly enough and felt it was under staffed. The beds were so cheap and nasty. I would never go back to this hotel and brings the reputation of the brand down. The only plus side was that this hotel doesnt seem to attract drunk people waking everyone up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

I am very sorry that you came across several problems during your stay with us. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. Our hotel wants all guests to have the best stay possible and I know how this issue would affect your stay with us.

Please accept my apology for AC being out of order during your stay. Unfortunately this problem could not be resolved straight away by our hotel team. The reception staff did they best by providing blanket and electric heaters. Thank you very much for your understanding.

I am sorry to hear that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comment has been communicated back to our Food and Beverage Champion in order to improve our breakfast service.

Once again please accept my apology for all inconvenience caused during your stay.
Sunderland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We recently stayed for two nights whilst Visiting our Daughter, nice welcoming entrance and lobby.
Staff friendly, bar area, rooms clean and modern, nice bathroom.
Only faults - no room service, not much choice for cooked breakfast, and rooms could do with more tea and coffee supplies. My husband and myself tried the cheesy garlic bread and chilli con carne which were quite tasty and reasonably priced.
All in all a pleasant stay with a short drive from the centre of norwich.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
UlaCiesielska, at Holiday Inn Express Norwich, responded to this review, April 7, 2013

I am glad that you found our hotel staff to be friendly and provided you with high standard customer service. I am also please that you like the hotel's design, location and cleanliness.

I’m sorry to hear that you found the hot breakfast choice to be poor. Unfortunately brand standard regulation doesn't allow us to provide more options as well as we are not allowed to have room service.

Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed for two nights with my wife and daughter, us in one room and our daughter in another and as I booked well in advance I got a very good rate. We've stayed before so knew what to expect in the car park, which doesn't seem to be as bad now as the ice rink next to the hotel has closed, as well as the extortionate rates if you want to use the internet.

Check in was fast, friendly and efficient- but see the comment below- and the rooms are standard HI Express with a large living area, small bathroom with better than average shower, reasonable amount of shelves for a short stay, a choice of pillows but very soft mattresses.

What we were not told at check in was that the heating/air conditioning for the entire second floor was not working which meant that the room heat was governed by the outside temperature which hit a high of 5 degrees in the middle of the day (and very much lower than that at night!). When we went to reception to advise that neither room had heating we were told that there was some unspecified fault on the second floor that was due to be fixed during the coming week but that they would supply a couple of small electric heaters for each room- unfortunately they only had two left (which we gave to our daughter) and we had to have blankets.

As previous reports have mentioned, the electrical sockets in the rooms are nowhere near the bed so our daughter had to plug them in on the other side of the room and because the power leads were so short they had to stand in the middle of the room which rather defeated the point of having them as most of the heat was away from the bed; my wife ended up sleeping with a cardigan and socks on as well as pyjamas and was still cold so not a very relaxing sleep was had.

Breakfast was good although the rather small serving area got very cramped at busy times but there were enough staff around to keep things topped up and clear trays from tables that some guests were too lazy to do themselves.

Check out was very quick, although an acknowledgement of the heating problem and a partial refund offer would have been appropriate.

Every member of staff we met was very friendly and helpful (apart from not telling us that the rooms had no heating!!) and if it hadn't been for the very cold rooms (and the usual idiots who come back in the middle of the night and shout good night to their friends before slamming their room doors) it would have been excellent.

If they fix the heating I will definitely stay again if visiting Norwich.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Norwich. I am glad that you took a time to share your hotel experience online.

I am glad that the hotel room has met your accommodation needs.

It is great to know that the friendly and helpful attitude we promote has been appreciated on this occasion.

I am glad to hear that you are keen to use our facilities during your next visit in Norwich. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Staff were very courteous, meals lovely but only 2 veggie options which was very disappointing especially as I was staying 7 nights in total on a business trip.
Clean rooms, unable to open windows which was a bit stuffy at times. But overall would recommend. Thank you b

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online.

I am pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to apologize for our limited restaurant menu, this comment will be passed on to the right team and the necessary action will be taken to improve the veggie choice.

Some guests dislike the fact that our windows do not open in most of the guest bedrooms. Fortunately we have 4 rooms on the ground floor with the patio doors. On many occasions guests who felt claustrophobic in standard room, were very satisfied with the room with patio doors.

Again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, as it’s only from guest comments we be able to continually strive to improve our service.

The hotel team is looking forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Norwich? Share your experiences!