“Average food, great service!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Suffolk
“Average food, great service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Went with some friends, they didn't appear to have our booking so we then had to wait for table to come free. I ordered Mozzarella Dippers for starters which were really bland, the dipping sauce was only enough for two of the sticks. For mains I ordered the Veggie Fajitas which were delicious. Would definitely order again but just felt this was a little overpriced for what it was. Service though was great for a saturday night.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Yummy food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Been several time with my boyfriend who loves it here. The pulled pork burger and the large double glazed ribs are delicious. However the last time we went with my family they did manage to confuse the order quite heavily getting 2 of the meals completely confused, having said that once it had been sorted it was all fine. Good food. only thing I would say was there are way too many birthdays being sung about and the music is a tad loud for having a conversation over dinner...

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Unfortunately after a family meal celebrating my daughters 16th birthday I left wishing we hadn't bothered, the service was good, nothing outstanding to tell everyone about but again not bad. I had booked the table online and selected the celebration button, however the staff knew nothing about this until I actually mentioned it, then it was a rush to sort the staff and cake advertised, both were great but I wanted it to be a surprise and it wasn't due to me having to say something.

The food, well burgers were very good apparently, however my vegitarian quesadilla left a lot to be desired, the underside was cremated and flaking off burnt sections, rather than complain and upset my daughters birthday I just cut the bottom off and left it to one side, any other time I'd have sent it back, noot impressed at all on this.

However the worst part for me of the meal was the volume of the music, now I know music is played to add to the atmosphere, but to leave with a headache wasn't my idea of fun, nor the fact that as I'm partly deaf I couldn't even hear the waitress taking the orders, to the point my wife had to answer for me, even most of the table conversation was lost on me :(

This was my first visit to the Norwich Restaurant, and will also my last visit, if I'm spending over £150 for cokes, burgers, sides and desserts for 5 I expect the food to be great and leave happy, not regretting the visit

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We visited TGI's on 05.07.14 for my Son's birthday. To say I was a little apprehensive was an understatement after reading some of the reviews. It was relatively quiet when we arrived just before 1pm which I thought unusual for a Saturday lunchtime but not long after we'd been seated, the place started to fill up quite quickly. We ordered our food and didn't have to wait long for it to arrive. There was four of us in our group and we all loved the food....no complaints whatsoever. Three of us had burgers and one had pasta and all was tasty, hot and generous servings too. The service provided by our waitress, Ruby was great. As it was my Son's birthday, they went that little bit further with balloons, birthday cake and singing! We all had a lovely time and would definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Not as good as the London Restaurant we visited”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We arrived at around 4:30pm ish, there were no knives on out on the tables which we thought was strange and it took the waiter ages to come over to take our food and drinks order.

The food was nice, but not outstanding. I had a cheeseburger meal with sweet potato fries and my boyfriend had a pulled pork burger. We both had the Millionaires Shortbread dessert.

We went here as we had enjoyed our first TGI dining experience in London in May. Unfortunately the Norwich restaurant isn't up to this standard and lets the TGI chain down.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to TGI Fridays? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage TGI Fridays, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.