“Misteak? Definitely not!! ” 4 of 5 stars

01603-92-03-97
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 665 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Misteak? Definitely not!! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Took my girlfriend to this wonderful grill house on Saturday night. Now she likes to be referred to as a "little person" believe me though she can eat.I checked when booking if the seats were suitable for a person with dwarfism but they assured me it would not be a problem and they were right.

We were soon drinking cocktails which were delicious. Our waitress was old in years but young in spirit with plenty of enthusiasm. To the food, i went for the mixed grill with chips,a safe bet. Slightly annoyed at myself as after ordering my main i noticed wedges were available as a side but i was already chip commited. My lady went for steak and chips.

I tore through my meat in no time i was enjoying every bite. She is a more methodical eater but seemed to enjoy it. You can normally judge if Bridget has enjoyed her night by the size of the tip she leaves and this one was a whopper, if the meat had not made me sweat then the tip certainly had.

At the end of the night my girlfriend jumped down off her chair gave me a big kiss and i was a happy man. Thanks Middletons!

“The full experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Visited recently with friends, we had to book and were fortunate to get a seat upstairs. To see a place this busy on a Wednesday indicates something is going well.

The welcome and service was genuine and friendly, we were put at ease from the off.

The 6 of us ordered 3 courses each plus drinks and coffees. the food was well prepared and of high quality and arrived in a timely fashion. Steaks all cooked as we ordered and all succulent and packed with flavour.

The bookings demonstrate good quality and consistent delivery through friendly staff will ensure success.

Norwich needed a place like this! great

Visited March 2014
Norwich
“Meat and potatoes ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Took my sugar daddy here for his birthday to pork out. He is no spring chicken so was quite concerned when the only table available was at 9.45 but we were seated and served quickly. I'm not one to beef something up but the cocktail of the month was delicious. I ordered the fillet steak and the old man ordered the mixed grill, I was worried that he had bitten off more than his false teeth could chew but he woofed it down. I felt personally the atmosphere resembled a bit of a meat market with the many couples surrounding us on awkward first dates but I guess one mans meat is another mans poison. All in all I felt the food was far from chicken feed but couldn't help feeling the overall experience was a bit all sizzle and no steak.

“Overated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Went there Saturday evening, we had fillet steaks both over cooked and tasted "livery". Side orders were warm not hot, service ok, we could of cooked better meal at home. Will not rush back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Terrible service...equally disappointing food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Staff tried to get you in, order and then get you out as fast as possible....like being served by a bunch of school children looking for an evening job before uni..just no idea. Food was nothing to write home about at all once arrived. The waiter walked off whilst i was talking to him, when he came back i told him this and his reply was "i was still listening"...NEVER AGAIN!

Visited December 2013