“WOW” 5 of 5 stars

01603-92-03-97
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 616 Restaurants in Norwich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Great food, great service, great venue. Can't wait to go again! The steak was delicious, had a lovely lunch with my husband!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Really Good rustic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Not fine dining BUT really good quality steaks and a excellent varied menu. MUST BOOK -MUST TRY but be warned be hungry!!!

• Visited February 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Enjoyed It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Have been here twice in recent weeks. One Saturday night with my partner and then a midweek business meal with my boss. The place was packed on both occasions and we could only get a 9.30pm booking for the Saturday night.

With all the rave reviews the initial greeting surprised me, probably expected a friendlier welcome. I appreciate eye contact and a smile when I'm about to get my wallet out but on both nights the waitresses were outstanding and more than made up for it.

Had different types of steak on both nights and would rate both as first class, cooked the way I ordered and the food was excellent. The ambience was fine, quite a chatty clientele in a cosy environment but didn't feel like we were on top of everybody.

Overall I would highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Brundall, England, United Kingdom
“Popped in on the off chance - glad we did.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

After a shopping trip in the city center we popped in here because we were hungry and was walking back to the car and had heard good things.

The staff were welcoming and found us a table even though they were full booked for the evening, we agreed to be done by 7pm which was easy as we arrived at 4:45pm.

Food was good and there was plenty of choice and we were looked after very well.

i played safe and went for a large fillet steak and I am always apprehensive about ordering steak anywhere as its very easy to ruin a good cut of meat, but....................I should not have been worried, the steak I got was cooked to perfection and as tender as I have ever had anywhere else. I didn't even need a steak knife, I used a standard knife to cut my meat and didn't even realise until I was half way through it.

If you are a carnivore then this is the place to get your steaks, we will return as I hear other cuts are just as good and tastier.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Overrated. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Table for 12 on December 29th. The staff weren't friendly or welcoming. Not on the ball when it came to drinks orders. Struggled when placing the food order. Some of the lads said they enjoyed their meals but personally I've had better steaks for less money and in a much better atmosphere.