“Very Good Indeed !” 5 of 5 stars

01603-92-03-97
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 691 Restaurants in Norwich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Very Good Indeed !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'd heard numerous good reports about Middleton's but have never been all that fussed with'steak restaurants' however, it was my daughter's 18th Birthday and she decided she'd like to try it out. It was a Saturday evening and the place was packed - I feared the worst as it's hugely difficult to maintain high standards when so busy, the size of the restaurant (it's big) also doesn't help. Added to this was the weight of expectation given all the great reports - and so I prepared myself to be a bit disappointed. Well I wasn't, service and ambience were excellent, food superb, we all said the steaks and fish were brilliantly cooked and served. The wine was also good and reasonably priced - 9/10. I would have probably given it a perfect 10 but as with so many other restaurants these days, all of the red wines are out on display, which looks great but restaurants get hot which often results in a 'warm' red. We had an excellent new world pinot noir which we asked for them to put on ice so that it wasn't spoiled (the bottle was warm). Anyway, despite the surprise of staff to be asked to chill a red wine they did it and all was fantastic. Just wish they'd keep a few reds back so that they're served at the right temperature. Makes quite a difference.

• Visited April 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We were really disappointed with the meal we had after reading all the good reviews. To start I had the chicken wings which were really greasy and the skin of them wasn't very well cooked and they tasted like they had been boiled. My husband had the crab cakes which were nice. My steak was good but a bit over seasoned - too salty. My husbands burger was overcooked and dry and our chips were under cooked and hard. We think it's overpriced for the quality of food we had and will not be making a return visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great food but dissapointing service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I went Here the other evening, it was early evening and quite quiet at this point. the food itself and the steak was absolutely fantastic but the service needs work. the server we met on arrival was't very friendly and we were not told about the fact that there were certain items on the menu not available which i heard another waitress explainig to other customers later on and despite the fact that there were about 10 waiters/waitresses we did not get checked back on. they then gave me the set menu by mistake instead of the dessert menu and then tried to overcharge us because of mistakes with the new menu. The place is lovely and well decorated and like i said the food was amazing but considering they are very well staffed they do need to pay a bit more attention to their customers. I will definitely be going back though and hope the service was a one time experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Grinstead, England
“Great Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was the first time we have been to Middletons. We went to celebrated a birthday with friends. The food, atmosphere, drinks and staff were great. They all helped to make the evening special. We will definitely go again.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Have been to Middleton's a couple of times now. The food is very good, particularly the steaks with peppercorn sauce. Service friendly and attentive. Definitely recommended. Nice ambience and atmosphere. Reasonably priced for quality of food.