“A surprisingly tasty Indian” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 665 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Indian, Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Street Food
Description: Namaste India is an Authentic Indian and Pure Vegetarian Restaurant.80% of our dishes are suitable for Gluten free and vegan diet.At Namaste India,we serve non alcoholic beer and wine.We do not serve alcohol but customers can bring their own with nominal Corkage Charge. We are a small restaurant and that is why booking will be important if you are planing to dine in at Namaste India Norwich. This is not part of any chain but we are a small family business. If you have visited India or Have dined in at some of the finest Indian Restaurants in London, Birmingham, Leicester and you are searching for a real Indian restaurant in Norfolk, Namaste India is your must Visit place.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A surprisingly tasty Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went for my first (and certainly not my last!) vegetarian curry at Namaste last night and was pleasantly surprised by the really tasty and beautifully presented food.

It most certainly isn't sourced from a supermarket as I also had the pleasure of meeting the chef!

Was in a party of four (someone had been previously so we knew to take our own beer) and we all had different dishes so we could share. It's a very small restaurant so you can't help but feel that you are dining in someone's house but that all adds to the atmosphere in my humble opinion.

Will definitely be going again.

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“What a revelation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have never even thought of writing a review for a restaurant before but I was so blown away by the meal we had at Namaste India that I just wanted to spread the word! The food we had was exquiste! - there is no other word for it - the smells that came off the food as it arrived alerted me that this was going to be an Indian meal like no other in an English Indian restaurant I had ever tried - but as I put it into my mouth it was as if I was initiated into a whole new expereince! "Delicious" just doesn't do it justice!

If you are someone who is used to the usual Indian restruant fare and you really like it and like the predictable familiar experience of getting roughly the same meal every time - then I should stick with that and not waste your money - but if you are open to finding out just how amazing real authentic India food is - not India food that has been modified to fit the British palate - then come to Namaste! And the deserts......oh my goodness - worth a trip just for that!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Authentic indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Very small but authentic india food . Been there twice and as usual amazing food. Recommend !!! Dahi puri and chilli paneer , superb, end with vegan paradise ..!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Really authentic, tasty and refreshingly different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I went here with some friends for a birthday celebration. The food was so tasty and unlike traditional 'angloindian' fare. The dosas were excellent also, not tasted the real thing since we were last in India eight years ago! Highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you are bored of the run of the mill offerings of other Indian restaurants.

• Visited March 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“frozen food from ASDA served”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

have been to thia place twice, very small portions, samosas overpriced since for the same price you can get the exact same ones from ASDA for a box of 12!!
second time waiter was rude. told us (party of 6) we all had to order from either the lunch menu or special menu, we could not order off different menus!!
I feel the food quality is poor.

• Visited January 2013