“A cacophony of flavours” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 633 restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Indian, Vegan, Vegetarian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Street Food
Description: Namaste India is an Authentic Indian and Pure Vegetarian Restaurant.80% of our dishes are suitable for Gluten free and vegan diet.At Namaste India,we serve non alcoholic beer and wine.We do not serve alcohol but customers can bring their own with nominal Corkage Charge. We are a small restaurant and that is why booking will be important if you are planing to dine in at Namaste India Norwich. This is not part of any chain but we are a small family business. If you have visited India or Have dined in at some of the finest Indian Restaurants in London, Birmingham, Leicester and you are searching for a real Indian restaurant in Norfolk, Namaste India is your must Visit place.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A cacophony of flavours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

A quirky little restaurant in the heart of Norwich. The owner was extremely polite, friendly and helpful. Any of your chosen meals are freshly made and can be tailor made to suit your palate. I had the Chilli Mushrooms and asked for it to be mild, it came out perfectly. All our dishes were fragrant and delicious. We had baked popadoms that were slightly peppered, I personally would have preferred plain but was pleased to try them, definitely a healthier option than the usual deep fried variety. In fact all the meal felt healthy. The room wasn't that cool as they had a wall heater on and several groups of people at tables. We did struggle with the low table a little as my husband is well over 6ft but it was manageable and didn't detract from the lovely food. Definitely an experience to try. We will be going again soon.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Norfolk
“Good food, but rough and ready.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was really pleased to find a new vegetarian restaurant in Norwich, and what's more it serves Indian food. I'm often disappointed by veggie dishes in anglo-banglo curry houses, so it is great to find a restaurant that puts care and thought into vegetarian curry.
The staff were polite and attentive, and the food came promptly. The restaurant is a bit rough and ready. The paper tablecloth had oil stains on which was a little unappetising. Also our table for two was directly alongside two other tables for two with no gap between them. It wasn't populated till later in our meal, but it didn't allow for our personal space or privacy. They were burning incense which didn't do much for my palate, I'd rather smell the delicious food than be reminded of my hippy youth! It was a cold day, and it was cold in the restaurant, without burners on the table the food went cold very quickly, maybe the plates weren't heated, I don't know.
The food itself was very good, the Paneer tikka Masala was delicious, and the Chilli Mushroom was lovely. I can't say how authentic it is, because I haven't a clue what is authentic!
The loo is downstairs in the cellar, which could lead to accessibility issues, and again it was a bit rough and ready.
The price was above average for an Indian, we paid £50 for two starters, two poppadums, two mains, two rice and four soft drinks.
I'd definitely consider eating at Namaste again, probably on a warmer day, and I'd forgo the starters as £4.95 seems a bit expensive for a portion of onion rings, especially when it says £3.95 on their website!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I visited norwich on last Tuesday , I was wondering about my food, then I went namaste norwich, I order for dosa and my friend order for chilli paneer with cumin rice, and what should I say about test , ohhhh my god amazing !!!!!!, I was missing but now I will not about food. I would like to recommend this small restaurant . I will go back,,,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Superb food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I visited this small indian restorant 2nd time and expirience was amaiging. Every time food quality was best as usual and custemer service was nice as well, try chilli paneer. And mango lassi , ohh my god !!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, slightly slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Have been three times and each time the food has been excellent. The closest to real Indian food I have eaten in Norfolk and since my days living in south London, eating in Tooting. It's not the most attractive restaurant and the service is always charming and attentive although you do have to wait a while for the food. Try the cashew nut curry - it's creamy and amazing.

• Visited November 2012