“Not the best” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

After visiting Valerie's in York of which I was very impressed with I was looking forward to taking my Sister and Niece to the one in Norwich whilst they were visiting us from the States. I thought it would be lovely for my Sister to have a British English Cream Tea and to introduce my Niece to an old English tradition. Oh I was in for a big disappointment, the scones where presented on a dinner plate, not even arranged literally just thrown on it with a spoonful of clotted cream just dolloped on the plate and the jam was in a wobbly jam stand, not the wonderful presentation that I had in York, where the scones were presented beautifully on a cake stand.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

41% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Don't recall name of sandwich but menu said prosciutto, artichoke hearts, rocket etc on ciabatta. There were no artichoke hearts. The sandwich on the plate was limp and some of it was rusted. Half of the crisps on the plate were broken. And they charged £8.25 for this mess? This was early in the day - about 12.30 pm - so everything should have been fresh.

Visited August 2013
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Tasty Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The atmosphere was as lovely as ever, the staff bustling about eager to help. Feeling a bit peckish so I decided to try the Croque Champignon, a mushroom and gruyere cheese toastie with sundried tomatoes and olives, served with a side salad with a french dressing, very very tasty toastie and just enough side salad, definitely worth a visit!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Saturday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Enjoyed Saturday lunch here with a friend. Main meals were good, but perhaps could have been a little better value for money. I had a smoked chicken salad with a very generous amount of pesto dressing.
Cakes and pastries are beautifully presented and quite delicious. Would recommend that the portion sizes were a little smaller. This may have been ok if we did not have a main meal as well.
Overall I would visit again, but probably just for the cakes and pastries!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Mum & Daughter time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I decided to take my mum out for a afternoon treat. Mum had some really lovely carrot cake, whilst I had a tasty cupcake with lemon icing. When we asked for tea & our kind waitress said would you like just one pot with two cups which is what we wanted but is not always offered in a lot of places.

• Visited June 2013