“A little haven for sure” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 643 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: We are a specialist coffee shop/cafe selling fresh roasted coffee from our artisan roaster. We also stock a wide range of teas and four real chocolate hot chocolates (ranging from white to very dark) along with providing some tasty food, such as toasted ciabattas, homemade soups, salads, freshly made sandwiches, homemade cakes and daily specials such as organic pork sausage rolls, cheese, olive and onion scones (with a slight kick!). We also sell coffee beans & coffee making accessories.
South-East
“A little haven for sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Tucked away in St Stephen's Square (which is the side road next to Margaret's Florist) opposite Victoria Street, is this lovely little coffee shop. Myself and my partner have been in numerous times now as we regularly walk past. Definitely worth the walk up St Stephen's Rd from the city as it is a little haven for sure. Very friendly guy with a warm welcome. A few tables to sit down and eat at, with menus up on the boards. Gluten free bread/rolls are always a bonus with lovely fillings or their soup. I've also tried their breakfast smoothie which was delicious. Lush coffee too but I have to say if you have a passion for real hot chocolate this is the place to treat yourself, I had a Madagascan (84%) with soya milk and flavoured sugar it was super deluxe for my tastebuds and I'm looking forward to trying the white chocolate one next time!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NickNix, Owner at Littlehaven Coffee Co, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
What a lovely review. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it. I hope you enjoy the White Chocolate as much as the Madagascar Dark Chocolate. Nick.

97% Recommend
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great coffee and bacon sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you want fresh ground coffee and top quality bacon sandwiches this is the place to go. Coffee is freshly ground and the bacon is sourced locally from an organic butcher. Even the bread is proper bakery stuff and you have a choice of having it toasted or not. The proprietor will make sure that whatever you order is done the way you want it. Have also had a sandwich for lunch and again very well made and very tasty. Highly recommended for breakfast or lunch. It is also a much better experience than going to a large coffee shop chain so give it a go...I guarantee you'll go back!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for visiting us and taking the time to write this great review. Our meats come from Harvey's a certified Organic butcher in Norwich and our Breads come from Pye Baker an artisan baker in Norwich. We hope to see you soon. Nick.
“A liitle gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I live quite close to this lovely little coffee shop & like to pop in when I can. Myself & a companion lunched there on Friday April 12th. My soup with a ciabatta was delicious & dining companion greatly enjoyed his egg & bacon toasted sandwich. Our lattes were made to order (not too strong for me as requested). The host was as friendly as ever. It certainly seems popular. If you haven't yet discovered this little cafe, I would truthfully recommend you give it a try.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NickNix, Owner at Littlehaven Coffee Co, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for visiting us and then taking the time to write such a nice review. It's really nice to hear that you are willing to recommend us to others. See you soon hopefully.Nick.
cool4cat
“Never a let down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This man knows his coffee which is surprising as he clearly knows nothing of football. Fortunately he does not bore every customer with NCFC failings and recognises Man Utd as the most glorious team in the world!!
I often pop in here on route into the city with my son who loves the hot white choclate and the selection of cakes on offer.
I recommended this place to work colleagues and only one was not pleased. He did'nt like his flat ham sandwich. Rest assured when Nick reads this he'll be horrified and will address that matter immediately. I think it was probably a one off.
This man is a GEEK of coffee making.....he knows his stuff and I always ask him to select a coffee for me and he never fails.
GO THERE!!! all this at a great price compared to Costa Starbucks etc

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review .I'm really pleased your Son enjoys our White hot chocolate and cakes. I'm so glad that you are enjoying our single estate coffees. We have a excellent Roaster at Coffee Real. Please send my apologies to your work colleague. If they would be kind enough to come back in I would really like to rectify the issue. Thank you Nick.
Norwich
“Put the world to rights over a great coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The coffee is great ,the food delicious and the proprietor and his staff are personable and willing to have some stimulating conversation. Nick is not just knowledgeable on coffee and the various ways of preparing it,but is something of an authority on all matters NCFC.
Better to visit on foot unless you suss out a parking spot first,but well worth it!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NickNix, Manager at Littlehaven Coffee Co, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind review.I'm really pleased that you enjoyed our coffee and food.I'm very lucky to have such a great team working at Littlehaven and am so pleased you thought they came across so well.
There are 3 free half hour public parking spaces directly outside the shop which if your lucky may be available when you next visit.Thank you.Nick.