“A Little Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
England
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a superb little coffee shop. Absolutely wonderful coffee, 'proper tea', brownies to die for, home made soup, newspapers, magazines. The sort of place you can go to on your own and sit happily with the paper and a coffee for ages without feeling any pressure. You can sit in the window on a stool or go to the back and sit on some 'shabby chic' chairs and table and feel totally comfortable. The man who serves (who I presume is the owner as he's always there) is very nice, friendly without being pushy. I can't think why anyone would want to go to one of the big chain coffee shops when they can go somewhere like this. I love it and wouldn't go anywhere else now.

• Visited January 2013

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Great coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

First time for me but not the last!
Very kind man serving made me a perfect 'flat white’,I was short of time so didn’t stop for food,but liked the sound of the menu so will return to eat.
I felt comfortable to sit and read the paper and was not rushed .
Really nice to find an independent coffee shop which I will ensure I frequent next time in town!!

• Visited September 2012
Lincolnshire
“Real tea, Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

"ground" is more a cafe than restaurant. Situated at Guildhall Hill, Norwich we found it as we walked from the St Giles Street car park (quite tight for larger cars) towards the market.
My elderly mother was with us, as was her small dog. Due to the latter we needed to sit outside.
The man in the cafe quickly arranged an extra seat for us and offered water for the dog. The coffee was good. The tea was the real thing, not bags. The cakes were tasty too. Oh, and they have free WiFi...just ask for the password. What was also nice was that the bill was reasonable as well.
Can recommend as a watering hole when in Norwich.

• Visited June 2012
“Fab!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

We own another cafe bar in the city, and often like to have a scout around. We think this place is great. Good coffee, yummiest focaccias and relaxing to jut sit and chill. Thi place is the perfect example of simple is sometimes better and I hope they continue to do well :-)