“Better than most” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Better than most”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Sunday afternoon and looking for a nice change / little treat - so went to Yo Sushi. Simple set up - pick some cold treats from the belt - and some hot items to order (Chicken Katsu Curry was a bit too 'well done') - Beef Tataki perfect as always - Chicken yakasoba lovely -spicy pepper squid a little well done again but tasty plus a few other items will a nice bottle of sake. Service was ok to good (depends on staff and how rushed).

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

62% Recommend
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Exactly what we expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

So impressed! Food freshly cooked, attentive waiting staff, facilities clean and welcoming. We will be back!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“When its good it great, when its bad is terrible...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I love Yo Sushi lets get that straight now. It's how I introduced my kids to sushi and a fun dining experience, the thing about the Norwich restaurant is its so hit and miss. I have had completely fantastic meals there which have had brilliant service, a great atmosphere and fresh food, then yesterday I take my daughter there and it's busy, the staff are panicking and food isn't arriving when it should, I waited a good 25 minutes for dumplings which ironically ended up being put n the belt first and the ordered ones coming last? The manager dude is unfortunately patronising in his manner when stressed and I felt like no-one cared about us being customers yesterday. The sushi has become smaller in portion size and the prices seem to keep increasing which is a shame because it will put people off going. Shiki in Tombland doesn't have a conveyor belt or the gizmos to make it quirky like Yo, but the sushi and service are definitely better and if value for money is what you're after, you get decent portions which are consists come rain or shine.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Very average quality sushi but convenient for a quick meal. The staff are very good and attentive to your needs. I do like the set-up of the restaurant. You are able to dispense your own water as there is a tap right at your table. You have unlimited access to pickled ginger and soy sauce. It's nice to have a variety of suhi as you just simply grab what you would like of the of rotating conveyor belt that moves the sushi dishes around the restaurant. The Ramen soup that I ordered had decent flavour but the chicken was disappointing. The gyoza was deep fried rather than steamed. It was hard to decipher any flavour beyond the fry oil. I would go back as it's quick, relatively inexpenisve (although I had a tendency to over-eat as there is constant access to sushi right infont of you), and the staff were fantastic.

Visited August 2013
“Service... I felt like an inconvenience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Went there with my girlfriend for a meal.. Walked in and the host looked at me like I was some kind of devil.
When we were sat down the blondish host didnt explain anything about the Monday offer- but I think it was had for her to concentrate as her friends were sat in the booth in front of us and were clearly a priority!

Food was good, brilliant in fact.
It's just a shame that the hosting and service is such a let down..

• Visited July 2013