“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 79 Norwich B&B and Inns
Great Cornard, Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

A warm welcome and friendly, helpful staff. Clean rooms and lovely decor. The food was excellent and such good value! I would definitely recommend The William IV to all my friends and would stay there again with no hesitation if I was ever visiting Norwich again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Benfleet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at here whilst travelling for work therefore price was a factor for choosing this guest house The staff were very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was nice and had everything I needed. It was great value for money. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I just celebrated our Thirty Fifth wedding annirversary with our family and close friends.
There were thirty six of us including thirteen children.
We all had a lovely meal which was a carvery with a starter and sweet, nothing was too much trouble for them.
When we got there, we notice that there was only thirty three places laid out, but this was soon recrtified in minutes, once we informed the bar staff.
we all had a good laugh with the gents serving the food, trying to find out who ordered what etc. the lady carving the meat was also very accomdataing.
Every body commented on how well cooked the meat was, whichever one that had, me being greedy had a piece of each, Turkey, Pork and Beef.
The thing I liked also, was for sixpounds you got two large jugs of orange and blackcurrent squash and several plastic cups for the children, these were then replenished once they becamed empty.
As you know, you can spend a small fortune on soft drinks in a pub these days for the children.

We also had a Karaoke/Disco which also went down very well with everybody including the children, getting a chance to sing and have fun.
All in all, it was a great night had by everyone there.
I would like to thank all the staff at William IV for putting in the hard work and preparation for making it so.
Mr D Hales

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I booked a double and a single room well in advance of a trip to Norwich. I found that the person who took the booking got my name wrong, even though it was on the cheque I sent, my email address, even though I emailed them. Consequently when we turned up for the 4 night break we had booked, there was no room for us at the Inn, we had been double booked. The lame excuse was they had tried to contact us. With nowhere to stay, we were forced into trailing the streets of Norwich. We do not have a good word to say about our experience at The William IV or of Mr & Mrs Stolady

Room Tip: Not able to give a tip
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
North Walsham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

my husband had a groupon voucher for x2 burger meals and drinks, have to say that the burgers were lovely, homemade nice thick and juicy came with salad, chips and onion rings. Staff very welcoming and friendly, lovely outdoor seating area which is where we sat to have our lunch. I would definately recommend to friends and family as not far from norwich city centre, lovely atmosphere and great food what more could you ask for !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BECCLES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

MY partner and I Went to this pub with GROUPON VOUCHER ,Didn't know what to expect etc!!!
WELL ,Burgers where awesome the flavours A1, Food was well cooked and staff good,Huge selection on menu. This meal was a bargain for the price we paid with groupon voucher.

( burger meal for 2 with chips onion rings salad etc , also a pint of beer each total £12 .00 ).
look out for future vouchers?? I will !!!, Hope this is helpful to others!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very nice rooms in guest house behind the pub. I stayed in very spacious double room, well decorated and clean, with kettle, iron and ironing board, great for taking the packing creases out of my Special Occasion outfit ready for the Saturday. Plenty of hanging and drawer space, plus a workstation for your lap-top.
Dined in the pub on Friday night - tasty and very reasonably priced bar meals, and Adnams on pump. Was neither hassled nor ignored as a single lady, owners efficient and friendly throughout. Breakfast next day (included in price) was great too, and you can say in advance what time you want it. Cooked to order and without delay, which was important as I had to get to the Cathedral in good time.
Consider a taxi if the uphill walk from the station (5 mins on the flat, then 10 mins uphill) is a problem, but it was actually quite pleasant and peaceful in spite of the rain. The 15 min stroll down to the Cathedral, via Rosary Road, Riverside Road and Bishop's bridge, is much more gentle.

Given the inn's good value and warm welcome, and very reasonable off peak online rail fares from London-Norwich, I'm tempted to come again and spend a weekend sightseeing in a very beautiful old city. Birdwatchers can also enjoy looking at the Cathedral's resident Peregrine falcons through the telescopes set up in the Cathedral close.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to The William IV? Share your experiences!