“Wonderful veggie food and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Wonderful veggie food and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We met family for lunch here. None of us are veggies but we are fed up with the carvery thing on a Sunday! It was lovely and we were all very satisfied and full!
The children's hummus dish was very spicy though do that did not get eaten by them!
The park a cross the road is great for restless children too!
A lovely, veggie restaurant which I will definitely visit again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Extremely Tasty Veggie Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went here over the weekend with a friend and we were both very impressed. She had a sweet potato curry that was simply delish and I wish I'd got it instead of my aubergine cous cous which was great but not as tasty. Great service. There was a long wait between courses but they were very busy which is always a good sign.

Make sure you book before you go!

Hadleigh, United Kingdom
“An excellent find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Looking for somehwere vegetarian for lunch on a trip to Norwich, we discovered this on the internet, researched bus times (3 per hour, 5 minutes' ride from the city centre) and gave it a try. Glad that we did, as it's an excellent place. Set in a small village, overlooking the village green, its's light, bright and stylish. On offer at lunchtime are easy eats, ideal if you want just a light meal, or choice from the full dining menu plus a number of specials.- about 15 dishes altogether plus starters.and desserts. They have Becks' draught lager, various bottled lagers and local beers, and an extensive wine list. The food choices were very varied, and our selection from the specials board didn't disappoint, being well-cooked, nicely presented, very tasty and surpisingly filling. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the whole experience was most enjoyable. Good vegetarian restaurants are thin on the ground and should be cherished, as this clearly is - it was packed on a Wednesday lunchtime. We'll certainly return, and recommend to veggie friends.

Norwich
“Perfect vegetarian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Although I am not vegetarian, I can always be persuaded to join my vegetarian friend for a meal. And what a fabulous meal it was. Lunchtime found us sitting in this restaurant which is clean, spacious and light. It was extremely difficult to decide what to have as everything both on the menu and on the specials board sounded very yummy. I went for butternut squash, emmental cheese and pecan tart with salad and a bowl of chips. Wow! Salad was extremely fresh and tasty, the tart was delicious and the chips were the best I have tasted anywhere. My friend had a burger with chips and salad but due to wanting gluten free they changed the roll for gluten free bread and the chips came without their crunchy coating. A cappuccino and a green tea followed. The staff went out of their way to provide everything we wanted and were very pleasant and chatty. The prices were very reasonable and we wish we had had enough room for a dessert which also sounded lovely. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone whether vegetarian or not. Top marks and I am definitely going back as often as possible to work my way through the menu.

Gorseinon, Wales, United Kingdom
“LOVELY FOOD FOR VEGANS AND VEGETARIANS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I would just like to recommend River Green Cafe for the wonderful food we had. I am a vegan and the food was lovely and there was a great choice. My husband and son are vegetarian and they had wonderful food and again there was a great choice. I would thoroughly recommend coming here. It is so nice to find there are more and more places giving more choices and serving brilliant food when there are lots of people who have compassion for animal suffering and are rewarded with great places like this. We will definitely go there again when we go to Norwich.