“Stopped here many a time - never a problem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre

You added Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre to your Saves list
Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre
Prince of Wales Road, Norwich NR1 1DX, England (Formerly Swallow Hotel Nelson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rooms from £77
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Norwich
“Stopped here many a time - never a problem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

As the title says Iv stopped here many a time and have never had a problem. the rooms are clean, h the staff are always helpful and polite, the breakfasts are lovely and super filling - great price too for all you can eat. this hotels in a great location as not too far to walk to the centre for shops and entertainment etcetc. Premier inn often have good deals on which makes it even better. Never a problem at this hotel :-)

• Stayed January 2013
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your fabulous comments. I'm so pleased to hear that you're a regular visitor and you enjoyed your stay again with us.. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope you get another great deal on our Premier Inn Saver Rates!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is well located for transportation - across the street/river from the railway station and just at the river is a river boat tour stop. The location is a few blocks away from the more upscale and 'downtown' area of Norwich, but that is not far at all when walking.
The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, but not exactingly clean. Not much was done over the 4 nights of our stay. But the wide windows are nice. The biggest drawback was that during the entire time of our stay there was no wifi availability. Since we needed to do some business, this was extremely inconvenience. One would think that 4 days was sufficient time to correct the problem, but when we left, it still was not working in the room and barely working in the lobby.
Parking was good - we had no problem getting a space. Overall, we would stay here again, but with a bit of reluctance due to the wifi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the location of the Hotel but sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with the Wifi connection. Please contact us direct at the Hotel and we'll be happy to discuss your comments and recitify this situation.

I do hope that this isolated incident won't deter you from staying with us again and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We use this location a lot... and have found found it to be of good standard for our past visits.
This break we went to see the Rocky horror picture show which was excellent.After returning late to the hotel we looked forward settling down and having a good sleep ready for the breakfast the following day.
Our room number was 508,small but recently had undergone refurbishment so nice and welcoming.
At first we did not notice the humming noise,but once the tv was off it became apparent the noise was going to be an issue....ok we thought..we would try and settle down,as we gathered this noise must be attributed to the cooling fans outside we thought it might stop at a later time.
I understand that being in Norwich on a Saturday night is bound to have a residue amount of revelers noise coming from outside but having stayed in other premier inns have found the secondary glazing stops most....
Upon checking the windows,all were closed,a single double glazed unit was being used and outside this room backs onto a small business courtyard which can be accessed to the main street by walled alley way's.
This caused the noise from the cooling fans and revelers to rebound and echo.
At about 0130, it was too much.I contacted the front desk and spoke to a helpful staff member named Chris, I asked for an alternative room,unfortunately none were available.
Chris said he knew of this issue with the fans and secondary glazing has been recommended.
It left no option but for us to check out,asking for a refund.
The refund was quickly given as were apologies...also Chris did ring round to relocate us to alternative Premier Inn locations nearby but as we only an hour away it was decided to go home.
I like Premier Inns,the staff are normally polite and helpful as they were this stay.....but my only disappointment is with this room not being up to standard for a good nights sleep....and being aware of this issue before our arrival.
We are coming back to Norwich soon but not to room 508.....

Room Tip: not 508.....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review and for your comments. I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us this time. I'm happy to hear that you took advantage of a refund from our Good Night Guarantee but please do contact us direct at the Hotel so that we can discuss your comments and I can aplogise personally.

I do hope this isolated incident won't deter you from staying with us again in the future and I hope to hear from you soon

Many thanks, kind regards, Dee
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

It has been a long time since I've stayed at this hotel, which use to be the benchmark from which I assess other hotels. My benchmark these days is the Leeds Arena Premier Inn.
The Nelson is situated close to the Railway Station, public transport connections and the City Centre (uphill). The hotel has 'on site' parking facilities.
As you enter the building one gets the impression of quality compared to some other Premier Inn's and the staff are friendly and helpful.
My room (114), and I'm being specific here for reasons that will become obvious, had benefited from a re-paint and the installation of what seemed to be a 42" television under which was a multi connection panel (USB, HDMI, Ethernet, Composite etc). I saw no signs of the rest of the room, or for that matter the rest of the areas I went through, being refurbished and I felt none of those needed attention. I cannot fault the cleanliness of my room, or other areas.
It wasn't clear to me why such a large screen television had been provided being just a few feet away from the bottom of the bed and whilst the multi-connection panel seemed a good idea (with table and chair beneath) one would have to be a long way away from the screen to reap any benefit from it as a monitor.
Unfortunately I had a terrible nights sleep and kept waking up with aches and pains in my legs, the bottom of my back and around my shoulders. At around 4 am I eventually gave up any hope of getting a good nights sleep and sat in the chair watching television. When I checked out the following day I said that I was surprised that having gone to the expense of 'refurbishing' the room they hadn't replaced the mattress, after all that's what Premier Inn's guarantee is all about. To my surprise I was told that Hypnos had replaced all the mattresses and was shown paperwork to prove the fact. From the dipping and creaking of the mattress I find that hard to believe.
I was, of course, refunded the room cost, which for the small amount I'd paid to stay at the hotel wasn't the purpose of the exercise.
I cannot comment on the restaurant as I ate out.
Despite my bad experience I would still return to the hotel and recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your comments. I'm very pleased to hear that you liked the Hotel and have stayed here many times, but so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit this time.

The mattresses are indeed brand new, and were replaced last week, as per your discussion with my colleague, so I am sorry you didn't sleep well on it. The large TV screens and USB/Multi Media ports are very popular with many guests, but again, i'm sorry you found the screen too close for comfort.

I am very pleased to hear that you will return to stay with us again though and would recommend the Hotel to others, please don't hesitate to contact me direct at the Hotel when you're next visiting and I'll be happy to ensure you're well looked after.

Many thanks, Kind regards, Dee
Stavanger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located next to the train station and close to the most central parts of Norwich. Rooms are great, must be newly refurbished, considering the modern equiptments and furnitures. Hotel staff are friendly and polite. I rate it above average considering the low price they offer rooms at if you book early or during a promotion.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your great comments. We're really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us along with the great value and the location of the Hotel. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon!
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice ,clean , service very nice , polite people , very welcome , they look great about them guest.
Defiantly I come back to this hotel again
Staff are friendly and efficient. Rooms and restaurant are very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review. We're very happy you enjoyed you stay with us and liked the facilities at the Hotel as well as the great customer service from our Team. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon!
oundle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for one night. We were attending Dragon Hall for a wedding so initially it was location. The hall is about 10min walk. Check in time is normally 2pm but we had telephoned prior to see if we could check in earlier so we could change and be ready for the wedding at 1.30pm.The girls on reception had organised this for us which was fantastic and cant thank them enough. They were so very helpful and organised a taxi as well because it was raining. The hotel itself is very good. There is a good size bar and plenty of choice on the menu. The breakfast was also very good. The room was very clean and a nice view of the river. Also the parking is free.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and stop here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you had a great time at Dragon Hall. I'm also happy to hear that we looked after you and got you checked in earlier to change in good time for the Wedding! I hope you had a lovely time and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us again soon.

Been to Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre? Share your experiences!