“Very expensive ... For just a bed” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre
Prince of Wales Road, Norwich NR1 1DX, England (Formerly Swallow Hotel Nelson)   |
Ranked #5 of 52 hotels in Norwich
Antwerp, Belgium
“Very expensive ... For just a bed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very expensive place if you only need a bed. The rooms are spacious, clean and have a big tv. If you're above 1,9 m you'll have to bent to fit under the shower. Staff is friendly, but apart from the bed there is not much to offer. Breakfast is ok, but again to expensive for what it is. After ordering an espresso, I got a 33cl paper cup filled with ... A lot of coffee. If I spend more than 100 GBP, my expectations are higher.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to the lobby, it's a big hotel ... With only one entrance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review. We're very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us and experienced some problems.

Please contact us directly at the Hotel at your earliest convenience so that we can discuss your comments and we'll be happy to rectify this situation.

Many thanks and I do hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the near future.

701 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cannot fault our stay. The room (126) was spacious, clean and looked newly decorated. It was at the back of the hotel so no view but also no traffic noise at all and as all we really wanted was somewhere comfortable to sleep this was ideal. The flatscreen TV in the room was good. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food at breakfast was excellent although the restaurant was a bit too busy, our daughter ate free. The hotel is in a very convenient location, 10 minutes walk from the city centre and the car park is free so there was no hassle with finding parking in a busy city on a Saturday. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The place was a shambles! My first room had no double glazing, condensation pouring down the inside of the windows making the net curtains wet, I changed rooms to one with double glazing but the heating fan did'nt work properly so I had to use the electric radiator they provide in every room.other than that the room was a typical premier inn room, clean with ,flat tv etc., and clean bathroom. I went to the restaurant at just before 7, ordered food and still had'nt got it by 7.45 so spoke to the manager who got the food which was very mediocre. The breakfast was even worse with practically everything running out and not replaced, even tea bags and cups ran out, the floor behind the bar had cartons of juice and milk on the floor and was not cleaned up, the staff were rushing around but seemed so disorganised. I have stayed in the Premier Inn in Duke Street Norwich and this is far superior so stay there if visiting.

Room Tip: Overlooking the car park is quieter and on a upper floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

Many thanks and I do hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from staying with Premier Inn again in the near future.
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was our first visit to a Premier Inn and we were immediately impressed by the welcome from the young receptionist. Everything continued in the same vein - the quality of the room, the good food and again the friendliness of all the staff.
I had only one very small niggle and that was when I claimed the free drink with the dinner showing the email as required according to the web page, I was told that I should have printed off a voucher rather than the page - my mistake but perhaps it could be made clearer as apparently I was not the first person to make the mistake. It did not spoil the evening though.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vicenza
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have been in room 410 (2nd floor) for two nights. Premier Inn, wherever I am in the world, is always a guarantee to get the same facilities and standards without any bad surprise. The check in/out is quick and efficient. The room 410 is big (I booked a single, but they gave me a double) and quiet (it is faced to an internal court, so no views of the city, but no noises of traffic too). The room was clean with a big screen TV. The location is close to the pedestrian area of the city centre, just 5 mins by walk. The breakfast (I opted for the full menu self service) was of good quality (good sausages, eggs, mushroom, beams,...) and this is one of the reasons why I choose Premier Inn: at breakfast you can eat a good quality of food and how much you want. The mattress, duvet and pillows were comfortable, so the quality of the sleep was good. The heating system during the night was a bit noise, but not disturbing, also because from outside there wasn't any other noise.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Premier Inns are always a good value in my opinion and this one is no exception. There were renovations being carried out on the hotel and my room was directly opposite where the workmen were working one morning so I awoke to the sound of drills and hammers. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. They refunded the price of my room for one night under Premier Inn's good sleep policy. The hotel is conveniently located across from the train station and beautifully situated on the river. The pub is excellent and the bar staff friendly.

Plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently had to cancel a booking due to the sudden death of a close friend. As I had booked the room at a non-cancellable rate I did not expect to receive any refund. However, out of courtesy I emailed Premier Inn to notify them of the cancellation and gave them my reason. I was extremely surprised when a couple of weeks later I received a note directly from the Norwich Nelson hotel confirming a full refund of my payment. Well done Premier Inn. I shall certainly be coming to Norwich at a later date and will try you first for accommodation. Many thanks.
FH

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn Norwich Nelson City Centre? Share your experiences!