“nice place, poor food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 662 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: You can find the listing on Google.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“nice place, poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Arrived there was no staff to welcome us or seat us so we stood around for a few minuets then a waiter arrived and we where seated. The starters arrived nothing special, the salad was shredded ice-burgh lettuce, grated carrot and very small cubed cucumber with no dressing. This salad was repeated circling my thousand year old non hot and spicy Turkish pizza with the addition on some dried parsley, again with no dressing. The waiter had told me it lamb would be fairly hot and asked if I'd like it milder, I'd said I'll just have it as it comes, I'm not into vindaloos or anything crazy hot but didn't think it would be too bad, therefore very surprised that it wasn't hot at all. My friend had a prawn dish that was cooked prawns in a red meat tasting stew accompanied by some nice looking flat bread that was raw in the middle.The Turkish wine was nice though, unfortunately on the table beside us the waiter spilled a bottle onto one of the customers and all over her leather handbag.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“as good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

having seen reviews and staying nearby it seemed the obvious choice of somewhere to eat. it was superb, the dishes being different from normal fare. had meze to start and great main courses. plenty of vegetarian options should you need them. nice atmosphere and friendly staff. good value too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Turkish good mmmmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Having a turkish family myself i decided to give it a try plus my day off from cooking :) lol I took my two children and was very welcomed nice and clean and friendly Atmosphere I've been to many restaurants but this was more upmarket food was good but took a wile to come to us the drinks was Heavily Watered down and very expensive £2.35 for one cup of mango juice and the ayran was very watery and they had ran out of many things on the menu! No child menu but made smaller portions for them ! marks out of 5 I would give 3

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Deliciously Different in Norwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Eating well in Norwich is not the most multi-cultural experience but Yemek Yemek is an excellent exception to the general rule. Behind an unprepossessing exterior lies a warm welcome, tasteful Tukish decor and delicious freshly cooked Turkish fare. Our party just had meze and desserts and were delighted by the quality and variety of our meal. Not cheap - but well worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Turkish delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I took 3 of our guests to this restaurant which we had visited before, having had a good experience on that occasion. We were not disappointed: Metz to start was most appetising, followed by a miscellaneous selection from the menu's main dishes. The spicy Turkish flavours were simply mouthwatering, being marinated in a herby compote. Those who had fish were equally impressed, and the food was perfectly complimented by the Turkish red wine. The sticky arabian desserts that followed proved popular with all -Turkish coffee making a satisfying end to a super meal.

This is a family restaurant; their personal attention to each table matched their obvious attention to the food quality. Our waiter was engaging, pleasant and always made time to answer our questions about both the food and the wine.

The restaurant is fairly small, but it has a Turkish decor which is appealing to the eye and looks entirely in proportion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere