“Delicious food, service could have been better.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pan-Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, service could have been better.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I come here relatively frequently with friends as it's one of our favorates. When you order a meal the waitress does say that because the food is prepared by different chefs they may not all come out at the same time - This I think is acceptable upto a point, however I was half way through my own meal before my friends came which was pretty poor. The food itself never dissapoints, it's always well presented and full of flavour.
Towards the end of our meal a waitress came over, moved my coat out of the way and sat a party of three next to us, I understand you have to sit next to others however she cramped us in together when if she'd had waited about 30 seconds the seats next to us would have been completely free and my friend wouldn't have had to sit opposite a stranger.
We did come on a busy Saturday afternoon so I understand the restaurant was heaving, apart from the slightly disappointing service Wagama is always a good choice for a quick meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Excellent food again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is the third time we have visited Wagamama in Norwich and yet again the food was excellent, the service not quite so good as last time but we called in at around 12:30 on the first day of the Easter holidays and they were very busy, having said that our food arrived quickly and was hot and tasty. A vist after busy lunch period is probably a better idea. This is not a place for a romantic meal but is excellent for a great meal after shopping in Chapelfield. The seats are canteen style benches and you can get seated next to another party, but the food more than makes up for this. The atmosphere was buzzing and we will definitely return when next in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Shocking service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Previously a top choice of mine for fab food and friendly service, I was appalled by my experience yesterday at the Norwich chain. I was rushed into making a decision on my order when I'd barely had a chance to read the menu and although the arrival of the first course was quick, the rest of the service was unbearably slow. Drinks never turned up and we were left sitting around waiting for the dessert menu. We resorted to putting our hands up to get attention from the waitress, despite the restaurant being fairly empty. The service was also pretty rude and I shan't be returning to the restaurant again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great food, TERRIBLE service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

As always, the food at wagamamas was fantastic. However, the customer service was appalling. One of our waitresses, whom I shall only refer to as 'C' was incredibly rude, snatching menu's out of our hands, sighing and even at one point rolled her eyes at us. Although the food came out very quickly, anything else was incredibly slow. It took them 15 minutes to bring me a glass of tap water, and that included the fact that I had to ask for it twice! It also took them 10 minutes to bring us a dessert menu. I would understand more if they were busy, but there was hardly anyone in the restaurant, and at one point 2 waitresses were sitting on the sofa chatting rather than serve our table. Needless to say we did not leave a tip, and I doubt I will return to this particular restaurant of the chain again. Very disappointed.

Chennai
“Good food at affordable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My children recommended this restaurant and since it was convenient to eat there while shopping at Chapelfield Mall we tried the restaurant. The food is good- I love their spicy edamame beans! Don't expect authentic Japanese food- it is a fast food chain after all.

• Visited April 2012