“"friends reunited"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Norwich
Skegness, United Kingdom
“"friends reunited"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at the Mercure for 2nights B&B plus evening meal, excellent menu choice and one of our party had special dietary needs, the staff were very helpful and obliging,the staff could not do enough for you and did it all with a smile on their faces. The deal was excellent value for money and would have no hesitation to recommend and to have a return visit ourselves Keep up the good work.
Westley

Room Tip: A certain amount of traffic noise on Boundary Road side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found my team helpful and obliging. I am so pleased that you would recommend us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Spalding
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel ok for brief business trip or very short break.
Reception staff excellent.
Dinner menu + chef's specials - quite a good choice.
Some of the housekeeping (room) could be better - we found used shower gel tube on bath soap tray - it was still there when we left.
Towels were changed when we left them not to be changed.
Bed was very hard !

Room Tip: rooms at back quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you also for your very kind comments about my reception team. I do hope you will stay with us again on your next break in Norwich for business or pleasure!
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to Norwich for a weekend break with friends.Booked the Mercure hotel for 2nights,never been there before and was delighted with our stay.the young staff were excellent especially in the restaurant where the service and manner were very good.Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Inner rooms quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and your kind feedback about my restaurant team. We have invested a great deal of time in training our teams in 'passion for service' and it is really paying off. I am delighted that you would choose to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Rooms comfortable,all staff polite and very helpful,dining was an absolute pleasure both in venue, choice of food and wine and the pleasurable partaking of both. The whole family (14of us) went home relaxed and happy with our stay. We recommend this hotel to one and all.

Room Tip: Pick a room that does not face onto the very busy A140.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you 'John H' for your very kind review, I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed a relaxing weekend break here at Mercure Norwich Hotel. We do hope you will come and stay with us again for your next family getaway.
eastbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed here with grandchildren. Room was very spacious and clean, beds comfotable and swimming pool a good size and at different levels. All staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfst good with a good choice too.

Room Tip: Free parking, children eat free
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your break here with your family. Thank you also for your kind comments about our staff, I am very proud of my team and we strive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times. We do hope you will stay with us again.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had lunch party of 50 of us on 4 tables.tables were beautifully laid,service was good and everyone had there meals served within seconds of each other which in my experience of eating in a large group, is rare.Also, the food was good,hot,well presented and the desert was delicious.my only criticism is that the table had a bar across the underside that was low so I couldn't put my legs under properly so I was unable to sit up close to my meal but all in all that's a minor point.probably that was my best experience of a meal for a large group that I have had for many years

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Mercure Norwich Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Most of our reviews come from guests who have stayed with us so it is nice to receive some feedback from a guest who attended one of our lunch events. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your meal and that you found it well presented and hot. I am not sure if you are aware but we run a series of monthly tribute night events catering for up to 350 people, these are currently priced at £26 per head and are great fun. If you would like a calendar of events please let me know and I will get one sent to you. Thank you again for your kind comments.
Jedburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have just got back from a long weekend to Norwich which was part of a birthday present for myself. We were travelling with 2 children (5 and 3) and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.
We found the hotel easily, and while it may not be the prettiest building in the prettiest location, the hotel was warm and comfortable. It was also very easy to reach the centre of town from here and with a useful Asda directly opposite for the wee things you realise you've forgotten to bring!
The staff were very helpful and personable, from reception and restaurant, to bar and spa.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night - the food was OK but nothing special and we struggled to find something on the childrens menu that they might enjoy (apart from the ice-cream desserts!) The wine list was also quite limited in choice. The breakfasts on the other hand were quite superb in both choice and quality - fantastic!
Our family room was spacious and consisted of 1 double and 2 single beds (both proper beds and not put-me-up options on the floor as we have experienced in other hotels) - facilities were good.
We used the pool and jacuzzi on both nights - staff were very accommodating and the children loved the shallow pool especially for them and the floats and woggles readily available for them to use. A great addition to our stay!
However, our trip was somewhat overshadowed on the second night by a stag party staying just up the corridor from us and making a lot of noise. We did phone down to reception to complain and the hotel staff did their best to deal with the noise before the party went out for the night at 10.30pm, when our youngest finally dropped off to sleep (and also when they returned at 4.30am). The hotel should consider where they place such parties - perhaps well away from family rooms to give us all a chance to enjoy our stay?
Overall, we did enjoy our time at the Mercure - the staff were the big credit to the hotel and if we knew we could be guaranteed a good night's sleep we would use the hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind review. I am delighted that you found our hotel and its facilities to your liking and our staff helpful and personable. I am extremely disappointed that your sleep was disturbed by another party in the hotel. We will review the allocation of rooms from now on, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I do hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Norwich.

Been to Mercure Norwich Hotel? Share your experiences!