“A jewel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We found this place by accident and wish we had done so sooner. We stayed in the annex ; our room was large, comfortable, spotless and tastefully decorated (as were the rest of the hotel public areas). The bathroom was spacious and included a jacuzzi bath; even dressing gowns were provided. Breakfast was in a conservatory: the choices were very good. The food was freshly cooked and excellent. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Large, elegant bedroom though a little dark. Evening meal was first class and served in attractive surroundings. Breakfast, by contrast, was a little disappointing - not much choice and sauce came in a 'plastic tomato' - Oh Dear!

Staff were helpful and reception friendly. We were allowed to move into our bedrooms at 9.45 am which we have never encountered before - full marks to the Annesley for that!

Hotel well situated in quiet are and excellent for exploring Norwich, 20 minutes walk to castle and city centre. If in Norwich again we would go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lichfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Wow, This place is a little gem.
I stayed here on business for the week, Check in on the Monday was swift, no hassle at the desk, I signed the form to check in, gave my car details over and was presented with my room card.
No hassle, no messing about with bank cards - perfect.
I was lucky enough to be in the coach house and upstairs. The room was very spacious, had a desk to work at and a lovely modern shower room.
I can't speak highly enough of this hotel.
I only ate at the hotel once during my stay for Dinner and had this delivered to my room as I was working, the service was swift and the food tastes amazing, after an hour someone came over and collected my tray from me so it wasn't stuck in the room or corridor, I don't eat breakfast so I can't comment on that.
Checkout was again brilliant, in and out of reception area in about 3 minutes.
The car park and internet access are both free, something that encouraged me to book here and something that's encouraged me to book in again at the end of May.
A proper home from home hotel which I'm already looking forward to staying at again soon!
Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sunderland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed at the Annesley for one night whilst working in Norwich. There is plenty of parking and my room was clean and well equipped. Although the evening meals were appealing I chose to eat in a nearby pub as the hotel is close to Norwich centre. Breakfast is in the conservatory and there is a reasonable choice of self-serve continental or you can order a full English. I chose the English which was good. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful and I would stay here again next time I'm in Norwich.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Salisbury, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Stayed for one night in the coach house. Nice spacious room, comfortable bed, good shower. Used booking.com and no breakfast included. Extra £11.50 each for full english.

Nice communal areas, bar and restaurant on site.

Would stay here again if in the area

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
elizabethj1112
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at the Annesley House Hotel a couple of weeks back and found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable with a very good location. What really made our stay though was the staff, particularly on rception, who went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. a really lovley place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed one night at a corporate rate whilst visiting an office in Norwich. Plenty of off road parking, comfortable and clean public areas and a well equipped single room on this occasion. A little noisy at the front of the hotel in the early evening and morning but otherwise a great nights sleep. Although a short walk into Norwich centre, I chose to eat in the hotel that evening and would recommend the food. Two menus - one for the weary traveller like me and another more fine dining. Great selections and the fish pie I had was perfect. Breakfast was a self-serve continental in the morning and you could order a fry-up - one again, great stuff. Staff were so friendly and helpful - will definitely stay again next time I visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Annesley House Hotel? Share your experiences!