“Nice place for a quick snack” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Bochum, Germany
“Nice place for a quick snack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The place offers nice simple meals, luckily also veggie options and flexibility in making some veggie, all of which was topped with a very friendly atmosphere. Take-your-own-beverage is also allowed, although we felt no need to do so (they sell no alcohol, but everything else is good).

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Top breakfast top service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just had the best breakfast i have had for a long time, we were a group of six with lots of different requests and the the chef was top draw, he came out and sorted us all out, staff were great and value for money was superb, brilliant thanks.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
maxicalanire, Public Relations Manager at Unthank Kitchen, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted we were able to give you and your party what you wanted and you had a good experience. Hope to see you again. TUK
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A bumper treat in the sunshine!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Having visited the Unthank Kitchen for years I was absolutely delighted with the new outside dining experience - eating my bumper breakfast in the new enclosed garden at the back with my young family was a delight. We were able to relax and enjoy the fantastic summers day away from the hussle and bussle. As always this is a busy little cafe but our food was cooked to perfection in good timing. All staff were friendly and humorous (I was abit worried by the last review but pleased to say this has never been our experience) and children were well catered for with food, toys and a humorous chef! Thanks guys- see you soon and reserve me my place in the garden!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
maxicalanire, Public Relations Manager at Unthank Kitchen, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. So pleased we are keeping returning customers happy. Hope to see you again soon.
“Worst customer experience of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I am absolutely appalled by the rudeness of the manager of this place. Upon entering with a friend with my UNOPENED subway, the manager rudely informed us that we were not allowed to buy food as I had food from another establishment on my possession. I had no intention of opening it inside. In fact my friend had planned on getting his food to takeaway to accommodate my purchase. I have never been spoken to so rudely in my life. The manager could have earned about £7 from our visit, but instead I will now never visit the place again and will discourage my friends from visiting. Great PR...

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
maxicalanire, Public Relations Manager at Unthank Kitchen, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
I am so sorry to hear you had a far from positive experience at The Unthank Kitchen this weekend. Please be assured we are taking this matter seriously and are addressing staff communication and professionalism. We do have a policy that only food and drink purchased at the cafe can be consumed on the premises (except for young children and babies). We had to introduce this policy after customers wishing to use the cafe had no where to sit either inside or out, due to some customers and their party consuming items from elsewhere.
I can only apologise if this has not been communicated in a polite and professional manner. Please accept our sincere appology. We hope you will visit us again, so that you can experience our good local food and friendly atmosphere.
“A plate of deliciousness!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the Unthank Kitchen on numerous occasions and each time a level of maintained excellence is achieved.
I always have a Bumper Breakfast irrespective of the time of day and every time it is a winner. Furthermore, the chef is more than happy to add extras to the plate and the hash browns are of quintessence which has often led to a pile of them.
A wide selection of food, drinks and service with a smile makes this a must when in Norwich.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted you had a good experience at the cafe. Do come and visit us again soon and try the new back yard.