“AVOID” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
“AVOID”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

As a great japanese friend of mine recoomended you as an amazing place to eat i thought id try this ''GREAT PLACE'', ONLY to be embarrissed to have recommened this to my friends i cfame to dinner with. FIRSTLY i appreciate that you were busy but the quality of the food just wasnt great, luke worm food, cold duck! and simply average food!! to say the lease i was dissapointed after my friend raved about the quality of the food, i had a higher exspectation than i recieved... i came for great food not service but was dissapointed on both fronts!!! Finally after a mopuntain of half eaten poor quality food and all round a BIG dissapointment i asked for the bill where i was over charged and to top it off the mints you give out for customer, without realizing they were completly covered in pen ink!! i ate one and continued to put my coat unknowingly covering my new shirt in ink aswell as my coat! told the waitress, not evan an aplogy!

sometime its nice to find a hidden jem, this certainly wasnt the case! Will i come back probably not! feedback and word of mouth are very important and with lots of competition i reccomend a much needed improvement!

Once reporting this to the management, just lots of excuses, I'd avoid it the "manager/ owner" clearly isn't capable!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely authentic Chinese food in a modern Chinese environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I love this restaurant!! The food is so well cooked, with a mix of British Chinese favorites and traditional home-cooked Chinese meals. I would recommend the Chef Special part of the menu.

The management is a lively and friendly family, that make you feel very welcome.

The restaurant decor and environment is also modern and creative, with traditional Chinese features but without the old fashioned round tables and table cloths you find in so many restaurants.

With the mix of many Chinese and European customers, it is a restaurant that many enjoy, and proves that the food served is popular amongst the Chinese, which must be a good sign.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Expensive but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We chose to eat here on the recommendation of a friend. I am a huge chinese food fan and we do a lot of Asian and particularly Thai cooking at home, with DimSum being the newest addition to our dinner parties.

The food here is very good indeed - we have had one (very expensive - £60+ for 4) take-away that was by far the best chinese take-away i've eaten with better than your average restaurant quality food being delivered at restaurant prices.

My wife and I also had lunch here recently, sharing an excellent DimSum platter (house speciality) that we would definately choose again, also sharing a very good Prawns in yellow-sauce dish that was very good and I would choose again, also having an average singapoor noodle dish (my go-to choice).

We would definately choose here as our 1st choice Chinese now, but be warned - you have to pay for what you get!! Worth it? Probably.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Ok, but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Food the was ok, a bit average, we waited quite a while (Saturday evening) for our food, I think they'd overbooked the restaurant as it was quite crowded, and when it did arrive we had a couple of wrong dishes. The service wasn't great (again due to over booking), they were starting to close up around us whilst we were finishing our drinks (about 10.45pm). We won't be going back in a hurrry

Visited July 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“wonderful....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have eaten at baby buddha for 3 years now and the food has never been anything short of exceptional. The menu is varied and the food good quality. Portion size is perfect and service swift and discreet. Lovely now they have more space and family friendly too. This beats any restaurant in any Chinatown we have ever been to. A joyous eating experience.

• Visited October 2012