“Great food and good value for money.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Number 12 Bar & Dining

Number 12 Bar & Dining
12 Farmer's Avenue,, Norwich NR1 3JX, England (Formerly Number 12)
+44 1603 611135
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 662 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: English, Contemporary, British, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Always Something happening, new menu, new look, come down and see us!!Now open Sundays
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and good value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Saturday lunch time meal for 6. Swift friendly service. Meal arrived within a reasonable time. Good presentation and really tasty. Very good pub grub and a varied menu. Will definitely eat there again and recommend. Took our dog and he was also impressed by his bowl of water and dig biscuits.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
MichealH1958, Head Chef at Number 12 Bar & Dining, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for the kind review, glad you enjoyed our most recent menu, and that your dog enjoyed his drink!

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, pleasant ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We visited one lunchtime, only intending to have a quick drink as we had our dog with us and Number 12 is dog friendly. But the food looked so nice we decided to eat there as well.
We were made to feel very welcome and both members of staff came over to say hello to the dog. We were asked if she needed a bowl of water. She drained it straight away so another was fetched at once.

My partner and I had the Number 12 Chill Chow. One was meat based and the other vegetarian. They were both delicious and very filling! We wouldn't hesitate to go back to Number 12 if we ever visit Norwich again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the wonderful review, the chilli chow is very popular, and indeed we are dog friendly, glad you enjoyed your visit
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Bad Food & Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I visited this weekend and my husband and I had an awful meal. When our meal finally arrived (an hour after ordering) the meat in the beef burgers tasted odd and when we mentioned this to a member of the staff we were shot down and spoken to in an appalling manor. I've never had such poor and rude service in a restaurant in my life. We were never asked as to how our meal was during our visit and offered NO apology for the poor quality of food and service. I do not usually write reviews but my husband and I were truly disgusted by this restaurant. Please avoid.

MichealH1958, Head Chef at Number 12 Bar & Dining, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Not sure how to respond to this review? We do not recall EVER having a table wait for food for an hour? Never had a bad comment about our burgers EVER unless you are referring to the herbs and spices we put into them? All of our tables are checked as to quality of food, at my request so I am not sure how I would not have known about the food complaints and not once have we had a complaint about our staff being rude EVER?
suffolk
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Thanks for another wonderful meal, great valve home cooked food!
Staff always pleasant and helpful. Hope to visit again soon!

Visited April 2014
MichealH1958, Head Chef at Number 12 Bar & Dining, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hi Sarah
Thanks for the lovely review, it is lovely to hear that you enjoyed another experience at Number 12, thanks again
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Best find in Norfolk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have been to Number 12 on many occasions and it never disappoints me or anyone I ever bring with me, whether it be a small group or large we are always well catered for and well looked after by the team in number 12!
The new menu is even better than before - and that was hard to beat!
Everyone is friendly - especially the manager who is devoted to making your visit worth while!

Great for families, romance, business, friends or even solo!
It's even dog friendly - which is a rarity in Norwich!

Not a place to miss out on!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the lovely review, it is nice to hear from our regulars and we really appreciate it