“Simply lovely!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Number 15 Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
Number 15 Bed and Breakfast
You added Number 15 Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
15 Grange Road, Norwich NR2 3NH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 79 Norwich B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Simply lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay with Ian at Number 15. Our room was a great size with a very comfortable bed. Location was perfect to wander into the city. Really enjoyed the delicious breakfast and homemade biscuits in the room. Ian put some flowers in our room when he realised it was my birthday which was a really sweet gesture. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Room One has a lovely chaise lounge!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Lovely review, thank you. I am always keen to hear of special occasions and am happy to help with breakfast treats etc if people let me know, I am pleased that you both enjoyed your stay, I hope to see you again. Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
IRELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Number 15 is truly THE best place I have ever stayed in. What a find it is; cosy, warm, super breakfasts and a fantastic host. We've just returned from our 4 night stay and Ian is quite simply amazing at what he does. Full of information and advice on where to visit in Norwich and I don't think it's possible to find a better breakfast anywhere. It set us up for the day so well and the choice is fantastic. The bed was so comfy, that is was quite difficult to get out of it in the morning, but every single morning we were looking forward to breakfast, so it wasn't a problem! Also, the lovely homemade biscuits in the room was a lovely touch and we couldn't resist polishing them off each day. We found the location really good too, as it's a lovely pleasant walk into town and the number 25 bus is very regular also. I could go on and on about how brilliant Number 15 is, but I'll just finish by saying that we're already planning a return to Norwich, which is a great place to visit and we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you Fiona and Ray, I really enjoyed having you as guests, I learned a lot about Norwich pubs and beer but above all I valued your positive approach to life, very refreshing! I look forward to seeing you both again.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed for a Friday and Saturday night at the end of October and had a superb stay. No 15 is very quiet but still convenient for the bus into town or up to the University.
The room and breakfast were excellent and Ian was a great host.
I will definitely be using this as my base for future visits!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you Richard, I am pleased that your visit to your daughter, the Bat for Lashes concert and your stay with me all went so well, I look forward to seeing you again.
Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Situated in a peaceful, tree-lined street in the heart of Norwich, Number 15 is everything you could wish for in a b&b. We have just returned from 5 nights here and stayed in both rooms during our break. The back bedroom has a separate private bathroom, whilst the front room is en-suite and has a lovely chaise longue in front of the window. Just perfect for relaxing on after a hard day's shopping! Whichever room you stay in, they are both well appointed, spotlessly clean and have lovely big comfy beds.

Ian is a wonderful host, who makes you feel very welcome, and that nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast (whether you are vegetarian or not), is plentiful and absolutely delicious. The cooked breakfast really sets you up for the day and the grilled halloumi cheese & freshly squeezed orange juice come highly recommended.

Number 15 is definitely the place to stay in Norwich, just don't tell everyone as we want to come back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Wow, that must be the fastest review ever Julie! I am really pleased that you enjoyed your time in Norwich in spite of the weather and Cinema City being full, your feedback on places to eat was very useful. Thanks also for positive comments about the rooms, people certainly seen to find the beds large and comfortable. I look forward to seeing you both again on your next visit.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I visited my fiancé, who's finishing a PhD at UEA, and we decided to treat ourselves to a b&b in town. Number 15 was delightful - within easy walking distance (10-15 mins) to decent eateries; a clean, spacious room with a comfortable bed; and delicious, locally sourced breakfasts in the morning that fully satisfied two lifelong carnivores. Ian was helpful and polite, and always had tea and smile at the ready. We'll definitely return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you Regina, number 15 was obviously a good place to stay while getting over jetlag! I do find that my breakfasts please omnivores as well as those with more specific dietary requirements. I look forward to seeing you both again.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Situated on a leafy residential street just a 15-20 minute walk into the heart of Norwich, with shops and restaurants along the way, #15 B&B exceeded our expectations. Quiet, comfortable, friendly.

We stayed in the room overlooking the pleasant street. The room and bathroom were very clean and beautifully appointed. The linens were luxurious and coffee and tea were provided in the room.

You needn't be a vegetarian to appreciate the great food and service provided by Ian. There are so many tempting choices. I loved the sauteed spinach with my eggs in the morning. And he happily accommodates not just vegetarians, but any dietary needs, gluten-free, lactose-free, vegan.

Everything was top notch from the linens to the coffee and tea in he morning. But the personal service is what makes #15 a standout. We can't recommend # 15 highly enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
So good that you enjoyed Norwich so much Lisa and Nathan, thank you for your kind review, it is a real pleasure running number 15 as I get to meet such nice people from all over the world!
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at Number 15 for four nights, combining exploration of the city with a work event at the university and returned home refreshed and de-stressed and convinced I had found the best possible place for my stay in Norwich. Ian creates a really peaceful, nourishing environment: home from home but better! The content and quality of the breakfasts were a joy. I hadn't been completely clear that my room was not en suite but in fact it had a lovely bathroom all to itself and I enjoyed the fact that this arrangement made it all the more homely. There is a pleasant walk of about 15 minutes along the Unthank Road into the city centre and the university is on the nearby bus route and also walkable. I was also very grateful for Ian's tips on places to eat and visit (including the Norwich Painters' exhibition in the Castle).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
IanRyNorwich, Owner at Number 15 Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you Jenny for the very positive review, I am pleased that you felt so at home and enjoyed your stay at number 15. The location really seems to suit people who are visiting the university but also want to explore the city as I am half way between the two so, as you say, both are walkable and there is always the 25 bus.I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back to explore the area when you are not working!

Been to Number 15 Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!