“BEST RESTAURANT IN MIDDLESBOROUGH” 4 of 5 stars

01642 261166
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Hudson Quay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 210 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: English, French, Italian, Spanish
Marske-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“BEST RESTAURANT IN MIDDLESBOROUGH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Went to the Brasserie for a Christmas celebration, the menu looked very interesting and the food did not disappoint. Nice relaxed atmosphere.
The only criticism would be the time taken to serve the main course which was far too long.
This is the only thing that would stop us returning, I will watch future posts with interest to see if this improves before looking to book again.
That is the only thing that stopped he from rating this as excellent.

York, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We visited in a party of 3 before going to a match at the nearby Riverside football ground.

Have to say that our experience of restaurants in Middlesbrough hasn't been good in the past but this one is outstanding.

Staff were very quick and attentive. Food was high quality, with a good choice and served promptly. Pleasant harbour view.

Could do with some direction signing fro those walking from Middlesbrough railway station, but otherwise a gem.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“please ignore negative feedback ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

where do i start ,went to the brasserie tonight after reading other trip advisor comments saying food excellent and service poor.It was my first visit with my wife and at this time of year with christmas parties on the go i was expecting the odd delay in food etc.From arriving and greeted at the door the staff were so attentive and polite without been over powering,food was out of this world my only problem was we couldn't fit a sweet in as the starters and main filled us,we will be booking a party for my wifes birthday in january as we were both impressed with food and service.the atmosphere and ambiance were great with lovely background music.
just like too add i am one fussy person and after having a meal at the tontine the week before and wasn't impressed in price and quality of food.Give this place a try you won't be disappointed.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Nice venue food not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Went after looking at this site, nice venue but lamb wasnt nice and steak had a streak of hard fat going through it, partner had salmon to start tasted of nothing and some sort of pie which again dissapointed anyway for this sort of cash I could book the tontine which I will next time

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Let Down by Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Been 3 times now so I feel I'm in a decent position to review.
The place is lovely looking, modern but not overly so, well set out has a lovely feel to it.
First time I went was just myself and my mrs, we arrived and I walked to the bar where I was about to order drinks with the bar man and was told by a waiter to take a seat and he'd bring us our drinks. I sat down and we waited 10 minutes for them, not the best start.
We took our seats at the table and ordered our food, it came in good time and was lovely, really well cooked and tasty and on par with other finer restaurants in the area. The issue I had was we had to keep getting the attention of staff to order more drinks and then waiting with no drink for 10/15 minutes at times, not acceptable in a restaurant like this, or any restaurant for that matter. It was a Saturday night so we put it down to how busy they were and it was just unlucky.
We returned with 2 other couples a few weeks later, a small problem this time being several things on the menu weren't available which surprised us considering it was a Saturday night again and surely their busiest night. But maybe they were unlucky and everyone had ordered the same thing. What we had was excellent again, there really is no issue with the food here it's beautiful.
Unfortunately the same issues with drinks was apparent. Ordering wasn't the issue this time but the wait between ordering drinks and them coming was really poor. Everyone commented on it as most of us were sat with no drink on a few occasions, even after realising we had to order when we were half way down the current one. Sorry, but for that to happen the first 2 times I've been is completely unacceptable.
So the third time I went was for lunch with my daughter, she works next door so I met her out front at 12 and we were seated order taken straight away from the lounge menu, just a sandwich and a coffee each. The place wasn't busy at all yet at 20 to one I was getting nervous about my daughters lunch time being over. The food came and again, can't be faulted for taste and quality although the pulled pork ciabatta is not pulled pork at all, it's just really nice roast pork but pulled pork gives the impression it's slow cooked stringy and forked apart. Never mind though, it was really nice all the same.
My daughter made it back to work just in time, she left before I'd paid the bill and we did feel a little bit rushed because of how long it took to arrive. Come on guys, surely you must know a fair amount of people who come at lunch time are on their work break? I really thought they'd be set up for quick turn arounds at that time of day.
So in summary, I won't be back until Hudson Quay has been vouched for by several friends, to have those issues in a restaurant of this quality isn't good enough I'm afraid. Which is a real shame, because the food is the best of its type in Middlesbrough itself although some surrounding area restaurants are up there. I have no issue with price, you get what you pay for and the food is first class, but at the prices, the service has to be better.