“Flat4 ” 5 of 5 stars

Tees Valley Apartments
Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough TS1 4AL, England   |
“Flat4 ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Excellent, lots of space and superfast broadband. Close to town center, staying here as we're working at the courts,
Bad bits building. Could do with tlc but you can live with it also im in the twin room and found it very quiet however workmate in double room and next flat having raves all night lol mind u it's a student area but going on throughout the night bit unfair and some kitchen utensils missing eg iron however 2kettles think it's a lil mix not match but been really picky all in all I like the place, just watch out for yobs on the night that hang out in the take aways, bit of advice if your heading out for a pizza get a menu during the day and take correct money so no full wallets as they will have it, but would stay again

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
teesvalley, Owner at Tees Valley Apartments, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi Dan,
Many thanks for the kind review.
Sorry about the noise, probably from next door (which isn't one of ours).
As it happens the housekeeper is in the office. She says the iron is in a cupboard in the hallway.
Our maintenance manager handed an extra kettle to a guest (some time ago) and never took the old one away!
Anyway we hope to accommodate you again in the future.
Regards
Duncan

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I picked these apartments s they were approximately the same price as the Travelodge, as a short notice booking.I was very impressed by the high level of the fixtures and fittings. I had a studio apartment. The room had a large bed, sofa and a large chest of draws. There is a small kitchen area with a fridge, hob and microwave. The bathroom had been fitted out to a high standard too. Best of all... underfloor heating. Mine wasn't working on the first night. I called the helpline. They said they would send an engineer the next day with a heater in case it couldn't be fixed. Luckily it was. There was also an LED TV with Virgin Media TV and very fast broadband.
The immediate area has a large array of bars/restaurants plus a few convenience stores.
I was very happy with my stay here and would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: There are several buses that run throughout the day with stops within a minutes walk from the apart...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hi Greg
Looking back it looks like you stayed for 5 nights in flat 5A.
Thank you for your kind review. Sorry about the underfloor heating, it has a tendency to trip the electrics but glad we got it sorted for you.
Hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Regards
Duncan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The good:

1. Staff, especially Jennifer was wonderful. Efficient and helpful, she does her best to make
my stay comfortable. Kudos to the Maintenance staff too. Quick to respond.
2. Apartments (I booked 2 units) were spacious.
3. WIFI great.
4. Request for ground floor was given (have an elderly with me).
5. Security commendable.

The bad:

TO BE FAIR; I HAVE SENT THE SAME COMMENTS/COMPLAINTS TO TEES VALLEY EARLIER ON DURING MY STAY AND THEY'VE RECTIFIED THE FIRST AND THIRD ITEM IMMEDIATELY:

1. the drainage for both showers were terrible, especially the master bedroom (en-suite);
2. both the master bedroom door and the toilet door cannot close without applying brute force;
3. both shower heads are somewhat loose;
4. both apartments given are dusty and musty, we found quite a number of earwigs and other
insects crawling all over the place; I understand housekeeping probably finds it frustrating
and irritating when a customer complains endlessly but it is easy to spot whether proper
cleaning is done. Do not dust,vacuum or wash around the areas that you think the guests
will utilise but missed the bottom of the sofa, behind the sofa or table, etc. The easiest is
always the remote for the TV. It is always dusty.
5. hot water is inconsistent;
6. not enough bath towels

Those were the important ones, other minor ones I can overlook.

Tees Valley have great apartments, comfortable and affordable too. Why not maintain them properly? I just bought a place in M'boro for both my children as they are studying in Teesside University; my house was being renovated at that time. I have friends and relatives visiting them and the UK; Middlesbrough being a stopover for most of them before continuing on to Scotland and Ireland.

They preferred apartments to hotels as it is comfortable and felt more like home. This is not the first time I'm staying here and I hoped it will not be the last. I may not need a place to stay on my next visit but I have to book for my guests. No one wants to be a poor host and let their guest stay in a poorly maintain apartment.

Room Tip: 1. If you're travelling with kids, elderly, lots of luggages and a bad back, request for a room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

On arriving at the apartments a few things were noticed. Nice good location, close to the city, area seemed safe. The building itself could do with a bit of TLC, marks on the walls, decor a bit cold and bland, floor quite unsafe and slippy tile.
We stayed in flat 4 which was a large size.
A number of things seemed a bit lacking - sheets were actually quite dirty, bedding rather old, pitch black inside at 3 in the afternoon! Feel very sorry for the owner of the property as the electric bill must be sky high with all the lights we had to switch on for it to seem a little less of a dungeon! Bathrooms were spotless as was kitchen. Mainly the bedrooms that seemed a little prison like with lack of windows!!
Overall, nice comfy stay, but not worth £90 a night!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Middlesbrough this week for a business trip where we needed some flexibility on accommodation, and this hit the spot perfectly! The apartments are not just aparthotel-style glorified bedsits, but fully featured apartments that you'd be happy to move into permanently. We had an ensuite double bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom, and then a large open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and lounge with comfy settees.

The place was very clean and more than adequately equipped for our stay. Bed was comfy, showers (both of them) very pleasant with water that stayed at a constant temperature (how many times have hotels had water that is freezing one second, boiling the next?!)

The night we arrived, we reported a problem with a toilet that was constantly flushing, and this was fixed the very next day.

If this apartment was by the coast, I'd use it for family holidays - and if I am ever back in Middlesbrough, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Just one more comment - the price was fantastically reasonable, and even though we needed flexibility (we originally booked two nights, but end up staying for four), the rate we paid was the 3+ night rate. It was cheaper to stay here than in the local Premier Inn, and the space and flexibility it provided was outstanding.

Room Tip: We stayed in flat 4, which has its windows at ground level - even on a really hot summer day, the ap...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Decided to phone up to book as it wasn't clear which apartments had what rooms/beds or what was available.
The staff I spoke to were very helpful in discussing our requirements and explaining what was available and how to gain access to the flats as we would be arriving on Boxing Day. We had been a little concerned that there would be noise from traffic and passers by, but were told that this would not be a problem as the apartments are set back from the road, and they were right, it was fine.
We were allocated Apartment 4. On arrival, the apartments were a little like Fort Knox to get to the lock box for the keys. However, after that, all was straight forward.
We found the location was ideal, with friends just around the corner in Linthorpe, but within walking distance of the town centre (20 mins each way) and the apartment itself was great: just the right amount of room for the four of us. It was really great to have some personal space rather than sharing a couple of hotel rooms.

The rooms were fine, although the finish could be better, some paintwork could do with freshening up, and it would have been nice if the couple of removed sockets were blanked off.
The kitchen appliances, TV, etc were fine, although it would have been nice to have a microwave and hairdryer.

However, it could have been cleaner, rather than just superficially so. Even something simple, like a doormat at the main entrance might have helped, especially when it was wet outside.

But these issues are only minor, we really enjoyed our stay and intend to return in a few months or so.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tees Valley Apartments? Share your experiences!