Me and my friend stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed our time there. We stayed in a deluex double room as it was clean upon arrival and all the staff who were on both saturday and sunday were helpful and excellent but the were a few minor issues need 2 be addressed 1.Cleaning staff and people upstairs were banging doors and making noices which woke up me and my friend 2. we were charged an extra £5 just to bring 4 bottles of diet coke and 5 glasses (1 filled with ice) to the room from the bar. 3. TV channel list needs to be updated as some channels have been discomtinued eg Virgin 1 4. I noticed a small fridge in the room but wasn't working so we used the window ledge to chill the bottled drinks during the night as the temperature dropped on saturday night.
But overall the hotel is the best for a perfect weekend get away.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Middlesbrough Hotel
- Thistle Middlesbrough Hotel Middlesbrough
- Thistle Hotel Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough Thistle Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thistle Middlesbrough is the region’s largest and best hotel, with Newcastle, Harrogate and York all within an hour’s drive. But it's also a great base from which you can discover the Tees Valley, the North York Moors and the spectacular East Coast. One million pounds has recently been spent on the refurbishment of the hotel, including 3 floors of Deluxe and Executive bedrooms, the Otium Health & Leisure Club and the spectacular Cleveland Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thistle Middlesbrough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.