“Really Enjoyed Our Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel

You added Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel to your Saves list
Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-18 Inverness Terrace, London W2 3HU, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #724 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Edmonton, Canada
“Really Enjoyed Our Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was concerned about the Hyde Park Exec Apts afrter reading some of the reviews so I wanted to make sure that I reviewed it myself. We stayed on the Club Floor and had a room at the back. The back is quieter because there are no street noises. The room was a little larger than the club floor rooms in the front. We had 2 bikes, our luggage and still had room to sit and eat and relax. The Club Room was exactly as it showed on the web site. Our first night we had a room in the front and it had the typical street noises but a great view of the pretty street and some of Hyde Park. So it really is a trade off - street noise and view or quiet and no view. But this is totally typical of this part of London. I am very picky about the beds and I was able to sleep well there for 1 week. The staff were VERY helpful. Going out of their way to accomodate our needs. If you are nice to people, they are usually very nice in return. The location is spectacular. 2 minute walk to 2 tube stations, great restaurants, quiet neighborhood, local grocer and very pretty neighborhood. I would absolutey stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 217 which at at the back of the Club Floor. These rooms are larager and quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed here on a one night trip to London. After reading the reviews here, I expected nothing less than an absolute dog show. But it seems it's a case of the luck of the draw with this place.I had a double deluxe room. It was sizable, clean and looked pretty much the way it did in the pictures online. Only real con was a sort of damp smell that may have been an issue if it was a longer stay. I was also in the basement near a hallway door so had some noise from people moving through the corridor. I've paid more to stay in worse hotels in London so all in all, a satisfactory stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hull
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

When we book to stay in London I go purely for location and value for money. With that in mind these apartments are ideally located and at £100 a night not bad value for London prices.
As you leave the tube you walk 2 minutes down the street to the apartments past the gangs of kids smoking weed and drinking cans of special brew. Not the best first impression.
As everybody has already said, the apartments are nothing like what you see on the pictures. That's not to say because they are small they aren't adequate because they are perfect for a couple of nights, I wouldn't recommend any longer.
We were in the basement which was a bigger room than our friends up on the 3rd floor.
We had 3 nights there and no sign of a cleaner. The only wifi is in the tiny reception area so it gets busy In there for obvious reasons.

Overall decent enough value for money.
Would I stay again?
Probably not but that is not because of the room it's because of the run down area it's located in and the gangs of people hanging around 24/7.
I'm no shrinking violet so I wasn't fussed about them but my wife and the friends we were with felt very intimidated. I wouldn't recommend it to family or friends.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

1. Requested 2 more pillows and a fan (3 times!!)
2. Hallway was hot! With no airflow
3. Dirty linen and rubbish left at the front of our door daily
4. Receptionist could not book black cab (didn't know the number) could only book a private car.
5. Wifi only available in lobby, rooms available upon request (with additional charge)
6. Mattress was horribly sore
7. No curtains
8. Medium luxury suite is 1 room with ensuite (no luxury)
9. SLOW lift

I could go on but I think I will leave it there. We booked this accomodation to finish off our honeymoon... What a mistake and a disaster. I was willing to overlook a few things but it just got worse. Book this place only if u NEED to

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights in early September in a studio apartment. Fantastic location with 2 tube stations and buses very close. However tiny bathroom and shower in corner of room, and no clean towels available for 5 night stay. Kitchenette included but no detergent or teatowels available to do dishes, despite asking at reception. Pictures do not do room justice as room quite small and bed just standard double and very low. Would not stay again and believe nearby hotels would be better value for similar price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We asked for new towels more than once but we never received the clean towel.
The 5£ payment for baggage storage after ck out is absolutely not acceptable.
We asked for an upgrade, but the club room is the same of other...why spend 10£ per night???
The bed was a really [--]...I still have a backache...
The box of shower was broken
Only position was excellent...but too much expensive for this service!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cumbria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Good points were it was in a very good location right next to Kensington and hyde parks, also near two tube stations, Queensway & Bayswater and for London prices wasn't to bad....I suppose! The staff were quite friendly, though when we checked in it took us about 20 minutes to find our room and had to go back to reception afew times to ask for directions when someone finally showed me where our room was, which nobody told me you had to go through what I thought looked like a fire door and outside into another building. The room was ok, bed was comfy and it had a kitchenette that came in handy and was clean. There was a step up to the kitchenette which was easy to trip over so we left the bathroom light on in the night and closed the door abit just incase we needed to get up in the night to use the bathroom and we could see where the step was. Also the walls need a good painting and they need more facilities in the kitchen area as we had to use a bath towel for a tea towel and there was no washing up liquid to clean the plates. Also it's not very woman friendly, I would advise they put a mirror near a plug in the room ( the only mirror was in the bathroom) so that women can straighten/curl their hair and do their make up. It would be a really lovely place if it had a bit of a spruce up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel? Share your experiences!