“Gets extra point for location!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel

You added Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel to your Saves list
Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-18 Inverness Terrace, London W2 3HU, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #724 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Gets extra point for location!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked this through Hoseasons for a night in London whilst me and my niece visited the London Eye. The Apartments are just around the corner from Queensway Tube station on Inverness Terrace, just off Bayswater road so location wise pretty ideal for exploring London.

I had booked a 2 bed apartment which upon arrival I explained to the receptionist. We were still given a double bedded apartment on our first attempt to check-in, this is even after I had asked if BOTH the beds were made up for us?!?

We were eventually given the correct apartment on the top floor. Now I have to say I was quite impressed with our apartment. Nicely decorated, plenty of utensils and crockery, good size and very clean. The kitchen had a breakfast bar with stools, a hob and a microwave combi oven, which took some working out to operate as there were no instructions. The shower room was compact, but adequate and served its purpose. My neice had a good sized sofa bed made up for her in the seperate kitchenette area. I have to agree with another reviewer, the television was abit hopeless, with only the 5 channels in this day and age and also the audio was out of sink with the picture, which lent itself to some amusings from both of us. It was also positioned on the wall above the bed for some reason instead of been on the opposite wall?? We both slept very well for been in central London as well, helped by being on the top floor possibly?!

In summary though i would stay here again as the location was great and we got a good deal of space for the price we paid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Excellent location, we stayed as a family of 4, perfectly sufficient, kitchenette, separate room for children to sleep, not luxuory , flat screen tv, nice bathroom, 1 min to hyde park. Would definately stay here again. Certainly suited our needs.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise and are cooler
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked this 'apartment' that sleeps 4 as two couples, actually it's only one room so not great for four adults! One couple alone ended up staying due to this, making it a pretty pricey hotel room. No breakfast of course. The website boasts 'everything you would expect from a modern well appointed apartment' but there's no hairdryer, no clock or radio, no phone, only 3 channels on the tv which you can't easily see unless you stand in the doorway, no water glasses, one bedside lamp which didn't work.

I admit its pretty central but we've stayed centrally for half the price in business type hotels before, and at least you have basic amenities. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable but that's the best it gets.

We don't expect a lot from a hotel but this left us very disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have just returned from 3 nights at the apartments in Hyde Park. The location was excellent and just 2 mins from the nearest tube station. We had a basement room that's window looked onto a courtyard and passed by other guests so the blind had to be kept down at all times. The room was clean and modern but a little stuffy being in the basement. The staff were friendly and helpful the only real downside was that the bed and pillows were really very uncomfortable. Great value for the location but would probably look to stay elsewhere next time.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Where do i start.... First of all it was not an apartment but a tiny room with a sink in the corner, the bed was not a double as it said it was only a little bigger than a single. The en suite was ok but no bath only a shower & everything in room was from ikea- not 4* material.
There was no welcome pack explaining how to use TV or microwave oven and the receptionist on duty did not know how to work it either- we burnt our dinner and went hungry. The TV was tiny and only had channels 1-5, and the audio and picture were out of sync so unwatchable, the internet connection was also slow and unusable. There was no complimentary tea or coffee in the room . I could go on but dont want to waste my time. Only positive was the brazilian receptionist was very welcoming and helpful. Apart from that waste of time and money

• Stayed February 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked these apartments at a very reasonable rate for 3 nights- the apartments are easy to find and located close to tube stations and good restaurants. The apartment was adequate for our needs- basically a bedsit with an ensuite. It was in good order with a modern feel to it and a good shower- plenty of hot water. The room was accessed by a perspex bridge along the interior courtyard this makes links between the rows of houses that make up the apartments- a little strange and the window looked directly onto the corridor so you had to keep the blind shut at all times.The mattress on the doulble bed was poor quality and extremely uncomfortable- this really let the accommodation down as the only time we spent in it was to sleep- although not very well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spend 2 nights of 7 but I must tell you the truth before you lost your money at this hotel.

I went with my friend to this hotel for seven nights in February. When I check in I told the reception “Indian man” that I have reservation and I showed him the paper and he ask me with unhappy phase “how could you enter the hotel without any key because you must use electromagnetic key to open the building door" this is the first bad experiment on this hotel.
Then after that he gave me the key for room #410. I asked him to give me another key for my friend, he told me you must paid 10 pound for that, but even if you paid we don’t have any additional key for that room "from my experience in all the hotels in the world the extra key will be for free not for 10 pound nor subject to availability.

The room as they said in the website and the hotel as well it’s Medium Luxury room, but its not like in the pictures and its smaller. In addition, I ordered 2 separate bed, but the offered me that with additional 15 pound so I told him this is my mistake to book at this hotel, he told me this is how we usually do, all rooms with one double bed so you must read about the hotel before you book and we said that in our website.

Staffs were awful, or maybe just the Indian guy at reception because I only deal with him. Then we got to the room, literally a box, the bed couldn't even be considered a double its 120 cm "extended single bed" so my friend planning to go to another hotel and leave me alone at this hotel because the small bed.

The traffic voice is high at this room, but if you close the window it wouldn't be a problem.

In addition, they never ask you if you want to get your room clean.

Room Tip: Dont think at all to book at this hotel my advice that add 10-20 pound more per night and go to cou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel? Share your experiences!