“I would prefer to sleep in a bus shelter” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel to your Saves list
Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-18 Inverness Terrace, London W2 3HU, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #711 of 1,055 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I would prefer to sleep in a bus shelter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Where do i start.... First of all it was not an apartment but a tiny room with a sink in the corner, the bed was not a double as it said it was only a little bigger than a single. The en suite was ok but no bath only a shower & everything in room was from ikea- not 4* material.
There was no welcome pack explaining how to use TV or microwave oven and the receptionist on duty did not know how to work it either- we burnt our dinner and went hungry. The TV was tiny and only had channels 1-5, and the audio and picture were out of sync so unwatchable, the internet connection was also slow and unusable. There was no complimentary tea or coffee in the room . I could go on but dont want to waste my time. Only positive was the brazilian receptionist was very welcoming and helpful. Apart from that waste of time and money

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked these apartments at a very reasonable rate for 3 nights- the apartments are easy to find and located close to tube stations and good restaurants. The apartment was adequate for our needs- basically a bedsit with an ensuite. It was in good order with a modern feel to it and a good shower- plenty of hot water. The room was accessed by a perspex bridge along the interior courtyard this makes links between the rows of houses that make up the apartments- a little strange and the window looked directly onto the corridor so you had to keep the blind shut at all times.The mattress on the doulble bed was poor quality and extremely uncomfortable- this really let the accommodation down as the only time we spent in it was to sleep- although not very well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spend 2 nights of 7 but I must tell you the truth before you lost your money at this hotel.

I went with my friend to this hotel for seven nights in February. When I check in I told the reception “Indian man” that I have reservation and I showed him the paper and he ask me with unhappy phase “how could you enter the hotel without any key because you must use electromagnetic key to open the building door" this is the first bad experiment on this hotel.
Then after that he gave me the key for room #410. I asked him to give me another key for my friend, he told me you must paid 10 pound for that, but even if you paid we don’t have any additional key for that room "from my experience in all the hotels in the world the extra key will be for free not for 10 pound nor subject to availability.

The room as they said in the website and the hotel as well it’s Medium Luxury room, but its not like in the pictures and its smaller. In addition, I ordered 2 separate bed, but the offered me that with additional 15 pound so I told him this is my mistake to book at this hotel, he told me this is how we usually do, all rooms with one double bed so you must read about the hotel before you book and we said that in our website.

Staffs were awful, or maybe just the Indian guy at reception because I only deal with him. Then we got to the room, literally a box, the bed couldn't even be considered a double its 120 cm "extended single bed" so my friend planning to go to another hotel and leave me alone at this hotel because the small bed.

The traffic voice is high at this room, but if you close the window it wouldn't be a problem.

In addition, they never ask you if you want to get your room clean.

Room Tip: Dont think at all to book at this hotel my advice that add 10-20 pound more per night and go to cou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The reviews scared me, I must admit. As someone who doesn't have the funds to travel regularly, I wanted to ensure I got a place I was happy and comfortable with. I took the gamble on HPEA despite the reviews and I am so glad I did.

Based mere seconds from an entrance to Hyde Park itself (as in, you genuinely step out the front door, turn left and about 100 steps directly in front of you is said entrance); as well as one street away from two tube stations servicing three lines, the location is simply as good as it gets. Genuinely, you are at the heart of everything from these apartments and it was delightful knowing I was a maximum of 40 minutes away from anywhere worth seeing in London.

As for my stay itself. I arrived and was rather pleased to hear I had been upgraded, free of charge, to one of their club rooms. I had paid for the medium luxury suite so obviously, the upgrade was more than welcome. My room was spotless, modern and very nicely designed. It was better than any hotel room I've stayed in. They don't provide you with much, it being a self-service apartment, but you do get washing up liquid, a safe, iron and ironing board and towels. However, Tesco and Sainsbury's (as well as several other stores) are right around the corner.

I cannot praise this room highly enough. There was not a single fault with it and I did try find one. The bed was comfortable, the lighting was nice, the TV was modern, as were the kitchen appliances and the decor was classy.

The reception staff are a delight too. I had an unfortunate incident where I knocked over a vase in the room by accident and panicking, I went straight to reception to ask if I could replace it but instead they were ludicrously kind and calm about it and that was the general attitude from them for the duration of my week long stay. They were always kind and willing to help.

Leaving this place genuinely made me quite upset and I cannot wait to get back, no other hotel will come close for me again. Some may feel I have overrated it but I refuse to invent flaws that didn't exist, it was a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Price was greatly affordable for a London hotel accommodation. Paid less than £90 per room for a 400++ sq ft place that comes with one separate room, living room, kitchenette and toilet.

This place is well within 5 minutes walk to 3 tube stations and is also within walking distance to all the F&B outlets in Bayswater. Extremely easy access to everywhere!

Forget what you read in the other reviews - this is one of the best hotel within its class. To those other reviewers, if you want excellent service, great comfortable bed with hot soup, facilities like swimming pool etc please go to Mandarin Oriental or Intercontinental Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this hotel expecting the word Executive to mean high quality. However this was not the case.

On checking in I was told we had been upgraded free of charge to a more spacious apartment. I was advised this was a basement apartment. I had my reservations about this as I don't like basement rooms as they often have a lack of light. I was assured by the reception that there was sufficient natural light.

The room indeed was spacious but had a fold up double bed so this took up much of the space that had been mentioned. The main bed was narrow and was more of a queen size bed (3/4) rather than a double. The pillows were of very poor quality and in actual fact one of them was ripped and the middle of it was coming out.

The Kitchenette was sufficient except for the cooking utensils. The room was designed to sleep 4 people. However there was only 1 small pan. So cooking on the hob was difficult. Also the Microwave/Grill had no instructions with it. It took a few attempts to finally get it working.

The bathroom was modern however the plaster was coming away from the ceiling above the shower. Also strangely the tiles had pencil marks with numbers written on them. There was an abundance of towels so no complaints there.

The window looked out onto an external courtyard. There was minimal light. The noise from some of the other apartments was a little disturbing but expected. The TV was tiny and was mounted on the wall. Wardrobe space was small and only 1 hanger!!

I have contacted the management to make complaints as I was really disappointed about the apartments. I booked this for the luxury/Executive element but what we got was far from it. Management so far have said that I should have asked for utensils etc. I should not have to ask for the basics!

On Checking out the person simply took the keys. Never asked how was my stay etc. Poor service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle Upon-tyne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went for a one night stay in November. Arrived staff were friendly at reception through the check in process etc. Then we got to the room, literally a box, not much light at all and the bed couldn't even be considered a double, more a 3/4. Upon this, the manager who was very accommodating upgraded us to another room. Not as good as expected, the traffic noise was horrendous. The only good thing was the location and the staff were very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel? Share your experiences!