“Excellent location - best in class” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel to your Saves list
Hyde Park Executive Apartments Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8-18 Inverness Terrace, London W2 3HU, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #711 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent location - best in class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Price was greatly affordable for a London hotel accommodation. Paid less than £90 per room for a 400++ sq ft place that comes with one separate room, living room, kitchenette and toilet.

This place is well within 5 minutes walk to 3 tube stations and is also within walking distance to all the F&B outlets in Bayswater. Extremely easy access to everywhere!

Forget what you read in the other reviews - this is one of the best hotel within its class. To those other reviewers, if you want excellent service, great comfortable bed with hot soup, facilities like swimming pool etc please go to Mandarin Oriental or Intercontinental Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this hotel expecting the word Executive to mean high quality. However this was not the case.

On checking in I was told we had been upgraded free of charge to a more spacious apartment. I was advised this was a basement apartment. I had my reservations about this as I don't like basement rooms as they often have a lack of light. I was assured by the reception that there was sufficient natural light.

The room indeed was spacious but had a fold up double bed so this took up much of the space that had been mentioned. The main bed was narrow and was more of a queen size bed (3/4) rather than a double. The pillows were of very poor quality and in actual fact one of them was ripped and the middle of it was coming out.

The Kitchenette was sufficient except for the cooking utensils. The room was designed to sleep 4 people. However there was only 1 small pan. So cooking on the hob was difficult. Also the Microwave/Grill had no instructions with it. It took a few attempts to finally get it working.

The bathroom was modern however the plaster was coming away from the ceiling above the shower. Also strangely the tiles had pencil marks with numbers written on them. There was an abundance of towels so no complaints there.

The window looked out onto an external courtyard. There was minimal light. The noise from some of the other apartments was a little disturbing but expected. The TV was tiny and was mounted on the wall. Wardrobe space was small and only 1 hanger!!

I have contacted the management to make complaints as I was really disappointed about the apartments. I booked this for the luxury/Executive element but what we got was far from it. Management so far have said that I should have asked for utensils etc. I should not have to ask for the basics!

On Checking out the person simply took the keys. Never asked how was my stay etc. Poor service!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle Upon-tyne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Went for a one night stay in November. Arrived staff were friendly at reception through the check in process etc. Then we got to the room, literally a box, not much light at all and the bed couldn't even be considered a double, more a 3/4. Upon this, the manager who was very accommodating upgraded us to another room. Not as good as expected, the traffic noise was horrendous. The only good thing was the location and the staff were very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a long weekend, and we were very happy with our stay!
We found the room very clean, and decor modern and ideal for what we were looking for! Our own fridge, and breakfast bar! Just what we needed to have our home away from home and rest our head after long days out visiting London!
Personally, for us, the location wasn't ideal. We did struggle to get home after the tube station had closed. But we were just not used to the location.
Would defiantly return for similar trip!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

.....if you chose to stay here I urge you to state you do not want a basement appartment !! My partner and I stayed here for two nights over New Year. When we arrived the staff were gracious and friendly and check-in was completed quickly. Our appartment was on the basement floor and was at the front of the building so we could here people walking by and arriving at the front door. The appartment itself was clean, tidy and as shown in the pictures on the website so we were pleased. When it came to bedtime we realised that we were directly below the reception area and all night you could hear people moving about, dragging luggage and talking, needless to say we had very interrupted sleep during our stay.
The location is fantastic and there are plenty of shops / bars nearby. We took a walk to Winter Wonderland one evening but would suggest that you take the bus as it was a good 20-25 minute walk !
My partner and I are going to return this year for another short stay but will definately NOT be staing on the basement floor !

Red Deer,Ab
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and then 2 nights (went to Paris in there). Yes the rooms are small, but they are fine! A kitchen to have breakfast in and make a snack, a decent bathroom, laundry facilities on the 3rd floor. The bed did well, suck, but I have slept on worse ones. The staff are friendly and are available from 8am until midnight I believe. There is no wifi in the rooms, but you can get internet in the rooms for a cost. (or free in the lobby) Very close to the underground, Boots, good pubs, everything you need really. The kitchen was stocked with 2 of everything (cups, plates, bowls, etc) I did pop over to Boots to buy a cheap throw away dishcloth and washing up liquid as I was making breakfast in the room. We had a burnt out light bulb in the bathroom and there was a guy there to change it pretty quickly. All in all, I really enjoyed it. I think yes, they could use some new mattresses, but I think I would return. I often sat in the lobby and surfed the web and always felt comfortable doing so. Security of the building is good too I felt. Enjoy and go out and explore London! Don't sit in your room!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor room we had was great as the window opened up wide and we could see onto the street.