“Utter Luxury Having AMAZING Local Dim Sum in Greenwich!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vietnam Oriental Chinese Restaurant

Vietnam Oriental Chinese Restaurant
17-18 King William Walk, London SE10 9JH, England (Greenwich)
(020)-8858-0871
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9,643 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Greenwich
London
“Utter Luxury Having AMAZING Local Dim Sum in Greenwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Vietnam Oriental is an utter hidden Gem in Greenwich and one where me and my partner devour Dim Sum with great regularity. From the outside you would never know and indeed inside it's very trad/simple in decor but the food is what VO is all about. I have only ever eaten the Dim Sum which delivers superb quality dumplings (read: everything) across the board and in our mind is far superior to the Royal China in Canary Wharf. Amazing value too I cannot recommend highly enough and indeed this was a recommendation from a friend the first time we visited. I can't comment on the main menu (chinese primarily) but the room is usually full of both locals and chinese families tucking in. Ignore some of these other reviews we LOVE this place and look forward to every visit which included yesterday hence my review. If you are local and love Dim Sum then i'll in all likelihood see you there. Not fancy but thats not why you'd eat here!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife have been going to this restrant over twenty years we once lived in blackheath we stopped eating after the starters it was rubbish new owners have should close the place

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
UK
“It is Chinese and not Vietnamese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I must admit that I looked at the name and not the Menu and expected something from Vietnam. However I got over the disappointment and had a very nice selection of Dim Sum. Food very tasty and the staff we friendly and helpful. It's also very good value for money, we just had Tea but had 6 different Dim Sum and a rice and curry dish and for 2 people it came to just over £30.

Visited November 2012
6 October City
“I enjoyed the ducks ;)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went there with a friend as per her recommendation and it was really a great experience there. I loved the hot & sour soup and I enjoyed the ducks with Noodles. Really very big and tastey food and I recommend it to all visitors to greenwich :)

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire
“terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

terrible ,cold,tasteless food,same goes for the service and they had the cheek to add service charge onto the bill.

Visited September 2012