“I hope it is better without a discount voucher...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Yazu Sushi

Yazu Sushi
46 Curzon Street, London W1J 7UH, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
020 7491 3777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9,331 of 17,998 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
London, United Kingdom
“I hope it is better without a discount voucher...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

On arrival, we were greeted to an argument between one of the waiters and a party of four people who felt they were overcharged for their meal/not had the bill explained to them properly. Not exactly the best start, but during our stay the staff were as expected with me and my wife. We came here with a groupon voucher, and did not get any hassle in regards to the booking process or acceptance of the voucher.

The selection of sushi is limited, with the slices of fish on nigiri very thin, and the quality of the fish being average. If this is representative of the a la carte menu, I would say that this is not a very good value for money restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

London
“Small but perfectly formed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a tiny restaurant - just 10 seats around a conveyor belt. As expected, we were the only customers when we arrived at 5:30pm. That meant the selection of sushi wasn't too expansive, but the chef was happy to prepare dishes from their menu on request and as more people came in more exciting and varied food materialised on the belt before our eyes. Food which was very tasty indeed.

The dishes were reasonably priced, much as other sushi restaurants, with the usual colour-coded plates. I didn't take a note of it at the time, but based on our total bill the beers must have been a little pricer than I expected.

When we walked in I thought the small scale might have spoiled the atmosphere, but it didn't at all. We felt very comfortable sitting at the bar with other customers around us and the staff occasionally browsing the internet in the corner.

We have every intention of going back for more, probably later in the evening to get a wider selection of dishes.

Visited October 2013
surrey
“NEVER AGAIN!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I cannot stress enough how terrible the service here is!! I read the reviews today before coming to eat and didn't think much of it but to say I was shocked is a understatement!! The attitude of the waitress and her aggression towards us was discusting. I have never experienced anything like it! Although I did not believe any of the previous reviews that I read earlier today I can 100% say I could not agree more if anything the experience I had was worse!! A lot better sushi places in town to visit up town don't waste your time here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had booked a table for a Monday evening at 7:30. We arrived at 7:25 only to see that the place was shut!No one had emailed or called to inform us! This is extremely unprofessional and unacceptable. We are of course asking for a refund and will NEVER EVER be going back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“Customer service disgraceful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I purchased a voucher on living social for a birthday treat for a friend. I emailed the restaurant to book for 7.30, and received a very brief reply of 'fine' from the manager. We unfortunately arrived 10 minutes late, but presumed it would be ok as the restaurant was pretty empty with just two small groups of customers. I have been to many restaurants in London and generally 10 minutes late is deemed acceptable. The restaurant is incredibly tiny with customers seated around a small conveyor belt where you can see the chef prepare dishes. Its like being in his kitchen and the way he spoke to us was like we were his children! He firstly denied that I'd booked for 7.30. I showed the waitress my confirmation email from him on my phone, and his tone turned incredibly aggressive and he started shouting quite loudly across the counter that we should have called and ten minutes was too late even though the restaurant was empty. The waitress was so rude and denied all the emails we showed her. At this point we decided to leave as the chef/ manager was actually starting to appear quite threatening! Other customers got involved and tried to be supportive to myself and my friend. The chef then started to shout at them across the restaurant. I cant comment on the quality of the food, but I can honestly say that there is no customer service whatsoever. If you want to have a slanging match with an incredibly intimidating and threatening chef go here.

Visited October 2013