“Absolute bedlam!!! Great place to drink and dance NOT eat!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Guanabara Restaurant Bar & Club

Guanabara Restaurant Bar & Club
Parker Street, London WC2B 5PW, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)
0207 242 8600
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Guanabara Restaurant Bar & Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8,671 of 16,877 restaurants in London
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury / Holborn
West Malling, United Kingdom
“Absolute bedlam!!! Great place to drink and dance NOT eat!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I went here on Saturday night for my friends Birthday celebrations, there was 17 of us and we had a table booked for dinner, we had pre ordered all our dishes so was expecting a pretty easy ride. Our table was far too small and could nowhere near hold the 17 people booked, in the end we thought it best if myself and my husband sat at the end of the table side by side, everyone was really squashed and my friend ended up standing to eat her meal. The worst part is that they bring on the entertainment whilst you're eating which is far too early, so not only is it REALLY loud, you get all these people literally standing around your table, pushing into you either trying to get past or just dancing in general, it didn't make for a pleasant eating experience at all.
Because of this i rushed my food and left half of it because i couldn't stand being pushed about so much.
The food itself was really nice, i had the steak and i did really enjoy it, what i ate of it anyway, so maybe going for lunch would be better?
The entertainment is really good and the place has a great atmosphere, perfect for a girls night out etc but I'm afraid this is where the positives end, the drinks are extortionate and the toilets are filthy, the door men think they are in the Russian Mafia....maybe they are, who knows, but they are rude and grumpy to everyone.
I would go back, but just for drinks and to actually enjoy the entertainment whilst I'm not trying to eat a meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

48% Recommend
“NOT a restaurant.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Do not eat here. These people should not be allowed to advertise as a restaurant because food and experience is NOT a priority. Cold food and then reheated when complained, very disorganised staff and people dumping their bags, coats and drinks on your table while you eat so they can dance. A shame as this place has potential. Music was really good and is a good place for dancing.

“If you come for the food you get a deal.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We were 12 people and wanted to celebrate a friend of us who is leaving the UK. We had the deal dinner. Almost 20 quid for starter, main course and a caipiroska. The starter was not good at all, a ball of chewy cheese in some breadcrumbs. The main course, grilled fish, was nice. We also ordered 3 jugs of alcoholic drinks, they were half priced until 8 PM. The music was good and the atmosphere too. Since we had dinner, we could keep the table, which was good to keep our bags and coats. I know if you want to get in after 8 you pay 10 pound, so having dinner for 20, and the drink, is quite a good deal. Also the cocktails at he bar at not too expensive. It is a good place if you are a bunch of people and want somewhere to drink without spending a fortune. The food is so so.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to party!! Would not call it a restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Music and entertainment is top class and there is a great vibe . The food is plain and basic . The door hosts were friendly but the food service staff are very impersonal, and please stop chewing gum it's not cool. You will have a great night out here but go for the drinks and party. The menu is not exciting at all there are so many amazing dishes in brazil but they have not found it on to this menu ! Burgers , chips and rib eye steak more English pub !!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Telford, Shropshire
“More like a disco that does food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

When we booked a table here it was from 8-10 with the caveat that we might be asked to move if the disco gets too busy later on. I understood that the disco started at ten but that didn't bother me as we would have eaten by then and would probably leave anyway as I'm an old git who hates being deafened.
So we get there for eight and were led upstairs to what can best be described as a night club and sat at a table near the dancefloor where some guy was playing some bongos. The noise from the other patronage can best be described as louder than a wembley cup final. I couldn't hear my wife only two feet away or the waitress so we just pointed at the menu and waved our arms around.
The food was actually really good but the disco started at 8.30 which meant that I had about five arses in my face while I ate. So as a nightclub and for a drink this place is great, but if you want to eat and enjoy, go early!!

• Visited September 2012