“A great meal and wonderful service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of African Gallery Kitchen

African Gallery Kitchen
102 Drummond Street, London NW1 2HN, England (Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras)
02073830918
Improve this listing
Ranked #211 of 16,892 restaurants in London
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras
London, United Kingdom
“A great meal and wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

It's great to eat in a 'one-off' and have different food than I've ever had before. The fried plantains were sweet and went well with the tarter taste of the avocado & green accompaniment. The lamb stew and spicy rice were great too. Antonio tells me they're about to relocate to my neighbourhood & I can't wait!

• Visited October 2013

90% Recommend
Norwich, United Kingdom
“microwave cook!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I really cannot understand all the good reviews for this place. I went there with my partner and my son (10 years) because we read very good reviews on internet. We are Italian and we know that good food is! However, you do not have to think we cannot appreciate not italian food.
We have lived in UK for more than 2 years and we appreciate (good) food from all over the world!

Everything we ordered was pre-cooked and the guy heated the food up in a microwave! I guess that in all restaurants there is a microwave and some of the food is heated up, but not everything!
The worst thing we had was the banana fritters because, of course, any fried food is bad if heated up. Almost disgusting! As main course we had two different chicken dishes, the flavor was not so bad but of course we noticed that the food was not fresh. We had some rice with the chicken and it was overcooked. I don't know whether in the african-caribbean kitchen the rice has to be overcooked but we may appreciate it if the rice was "just" overcooked and not heated up! The only thing was good was the mango juice. It was the only thing fresh!

We paid 46 pounds for 1 starter, 3 main courses with rice, 1 juice, 1 heineken (33ccl). Probably it is not too expensive for London, but it was a very low value for money.

I will never come back in that restaurant and I do not suggest to anyone to go there!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rayleigh
“New Food a Revelation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went here with my Son David (19, Fussy eater) on the off chance before he got a train from Euston.
The Food was exquisite and flavoured in a way I've never had before the surroundings were very African and beautiful the proprietor was informative but gave us space too.

I can't recommend enough go try this place you'll either love it or hate it (i hope you'll love it we did).

Go on try something new you may just surprise yourself

Sydney
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went to African Gallery Kitchen looking for something different to the other restaurants in Drummond St. It was a pleasant surprise. The food was delicious and we enjoyed the friendliness and the information about the food, and the African decorations. Food was spicy, and serving sizes were plentiful. Must comment on how clean and well presented the premises are kept.

Bergen, Norway
“Titilating the palate...mmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

By coincidence from norway to africa..
Lunchtime under London sun ;)"

Lovely lively tasting food;)
Got a fine explanation to what i had...
I will be back!