“A Real Treat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Theo Randall at the InterContinental

Theo Randall at the InterContinental
One Hamilton Place | Park Lane, London W1J 7QY, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
+44 20 7318 8747
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #366 of 16,892 restaurants in London
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
Description: Theo Randall's passion for simple, rustic Italian fare took him from Chez Panisse in California to Head Chef and Partner at The River Café. In 2006, Theo brought this experience to the prestigious address of No 1, Park Lane when he opened Theo Randall at the InterContinental. His unwavering dedication has earned him the respect of his peers, many industry accolades and awards, and a loyal following of diners. The restaurant continues to exemplify Theo's signature style of showcasing the best of Italian cuisine in a buzzing restaurant setting. The daily changing menu is inspired by his regular trips to Italy and dictated by the best seasonal ingredients available from the market every day. Theo has personally overseen the extensive wine list that features 90% Italian varietals, including a selection of Grappas. The spacious dining room offers views onto the theatre of the chefs in action and the stylish lounge bar presents informal counter-top dining for lunch or dinner, as well as an extensive drinks menu. Since its launch in 2006, Theo Randall at the InterContinental has won numerous awards, including Best Italian Restaurant of The Year from the London Restaurant Awards. The restaurant was a key contributing factor behind the accolade of Best Hotel in the UK for Food, from Condé Nast Traveller and it continues to be recognised by the Sunday Times Food List, the National Restaurant Awards and The London Lifestyle Awards.
England
“A Real Treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We visited for my husbands birthday, and were staying in the hotel. The restaurant is a contemporary style, really nice surroundings. The service is very good but not over bearing. The food is fabulous! We enjoyed every mouthful. It is expensive but we did expect it to be, for a special occasion it is perfect. If I had one criticism it would be the bench style seating on one side of the table, being on the short side I did find it a little uncomfortable, for that price I would have expected cushions at least!

Visited October 2013

81% Recommend
  • Greek first
London
“Very Very Good but I was expecting Exceptional”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went here on Saturday night.
Exceptional service but I expected the food to be that little bit better for the price.
I had heard many good things about Theo Randall from reviews, newspapers and a friend told me the food was great. So I had high expectations.
My wife and I both started with the crab salad. I enjoyed mine. Many different flavours all put together very well. However, my wife pointed out that it was in fact a crab salad and had very little taste of actual crab.
For main courses, I had the Capelletti di Vitello. They were faultless, I cant say anything that was wrong with them except that I've probably eaten better in Italy for half the price.
My wife ordered the pigeon. Unfortunately she really didn't like it. We told the manager that we didn't like it and she was absolutely superb in taking the plates away and changing her order. Spot on.
She had the beef fillet instead which was very tender. I didn't rate the beef itself that much but the salsa verde it came with was absolutely excellent.
I'm pleased I went. It was a good experience and we had a pleasant evening. Probably wouldn't go back though.
Just a little note, I was very impressed Mr Randall was there working in the kitchen. He came out and had some pictures taken with a table of Chinese. We were also invited into the kitchen to go and see him. Nice touch. Shows he still cares.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great service, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The restaurant is located very close to Hyde Park. Sercice was great as expected. The venue was busy when we visited with a big group at the bar. The best part was they were able to customise the dishes based on our needs which was helpful as we also had a vegetarian in the group. Overall, I would be happy to go back!

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We decided to booked Theo Randall's restaurant as we have never been and fancied eating some nice Italian food. We arrived and was waiting for someone to great us on the door and take our coats as it had been pouring down. We were taken to our table given the menus without explaining anything. A little confused I asked about how the menu works (set menu so many courses so much etc.) after being reassured the waitress to our order without a notepad considering we ordered drinks and 3 courses at once we were worried we would get the wrong thing, however the food was stunning and the ravioli was my favourite and the dessert platter was gorgeous!
It must of been a quiet night not many tables were occupied so the front of house must of been bored abut it showed and didn't look food to us as paying customers.
Overall a good meal just let down by the front of house team.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Venice, Italy
“Better Italian than Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Extremely relaxing setting; terrific cuisine -- particularly grilled calamari and scallop appetizers, sea bass, lobster pasta, salmon, heavenly flourless chocolate cake and lemon tart -- PLUS inexpensive pre- and post- theater (2- and 3- course menu) selections. Always visit at least twice every trip to London.

• Visited October 2013