“Almost Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Andaz Liverpool Street

You added Andaz Liverpool Street to your Saves list
Andaz Liverpool Street
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Liverpool Street, London EC2M 7QN, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #89 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Essex
“Almost Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

Have stayed here a few times, even before the change of name and you'll be hard pushed to find better for the price/quality in London.

As usual, the room was bright, airy and clean. All mod cons such as satellite television, wireless broadband (limited to 1mb, so tv catch-up services like iPlayer work without buffering) and a desk area with lamp and 2 line telephone.

Bathroom was well-lit with a sink, bath and shower. Free sample-size soap, shower gel was provided but didn't last my full stay. Toilet made some strange noises when flushing and gives a bit of a fright especially if you get up in the night and are half asleep!

Room service was fast and efficent. Food was very good, not exceptional but worth the money. Drinks were reasonably priced, although I had to wait 20 minutes once for a glass of wine.

Location wise, around Liverpool Street station you have a 24x7 Tesco Metro, all the usual fast-food restaurants and a variety of bars etc. You feel pretty safe walking around even late at night as there are plenty of police in and around the station.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
AndazComments, General Manager at Andaz Liverpool Street, responded to this review, March 24, 2010
Dear TornadoTom,

Greetings from Andaz Liverpool Street London, and thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay. We are happy to hear you are becoming one of our regular guests, and we welcome your comments and suggestions. I have already shared your comment with our staff.

Please, do not hesitate to let us know about your next visit, so we can make sure you receive another great experience in Your Andaz London.

With my best personal regards,

Arnaud de Saint-Exupery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

My boyfriend and I only stayed at this hotel for two nights. We both loved it so much and said it was a mix between a cosy boutique style hotel and a grand 5* chain hotel. Everything was so cool.
The lobby area was always buzzing with atmosphere and although my boyfriend and I seemed younger than everyone else at the hotel, I thought that everyone else was too old to be at such a stylish hotel!
The corridors are so nice you want to slow down and take it all in.
The bedroom was quiet, warm and spacious.
The bathroom: warm, bright and clean.
Towels were kept warm and lovely robes and slippers were much appreciated.
Next is my favourite part... the bed... THE BED WAS HUGE... AND COMFORTABLE OH MY GOODNESS... if I wasn't being such a naughty girl in it, I'd have thought I must've died and gone to Heaven! Sorry if that's an overshare, but just warning you. This bed makes you do naughty things.
Then comes my SECOND FAVOURITE thing about the hotel... THE BREAKFAST IN BED. I don't know how costly it was because my boyfriend paid for the whole weekend, but we got room service... Breakfast of brioche French bread for me and not sure what the boyfriend had.... Although, yes it's a 5* hotel and you can't expect anything less... I was NOT disappointed... YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM I have the best memories of this hotel and the weekend we spent there. Business centre was handy - even if you're not a businessperson and just a Facebook addict like me :D

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
AndazComments, General Manager at Andaz Liverpool Street, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Dear Laurajaynemelbourne,

Warm greetings from Andaz Liverpool Street London, and thank you very much for your very nice comments.

I truly appreciate your honesty and your very complimentary comments about our facilities and services. Indeed we are very proud of our facilities and the style of our Hotel, and we are happy you have found in us, a home away from home.

We all look forward to welcome you back to YOUR Andaz Liverpool Street London, and we wish you many more happy stays with us.

Best personal regards,

warwickshire, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

A real hidden gem, clean, spacious, nothing too much trouble, incredible restaurants and bars - should be a six star!!, good choice of food and drink, competitive rates, a very stylish boutique hotel, good atmosphere, taxi rank right outside, very different experience to normal hotels - highly recommended!!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris-0694,

Greetings from Andaz Liverpool Street London and thank you very much for your comments!

I have shared your comments with our entire team and we all felt very proud to read such compliments about the services, atmosphere and service we provide at the Andaz London!
Comments like yours encourages to continue doing what we do best.

Once again, thank you very much for your comments and I look forward to welcome you back to YOUR Andaz Liverpool Street London.

Best personal regards,

Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

The place is fanastic. No doubt. Rooms are clean. Very stylish. Friendly staff. However, for the rates you pay, this is what you would expect.
Was a bit dissapointed, because they didn't allow late check out beyond 2 pm (I requested 3 pm) even though I stayed for 5 nights. There is only one piece of soap in the room and they don't replace it or place extra ones in the bathrooms until it's fully used. Same with shampoos etc. They could be a bit more generous with those small bottles. No sanitary bags for ladies in the rooms.
Had to wait for few minutes before being seated at breakfast one day, as the restaurant was full. Not a big deal if you are on holidays - but not ideal if you have to go to work and are on a tight schedule.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

The Andaz gave us a great stay in the City end of London, right next to Liverpool St Station. It's a beautiful building both inside and out and service was very good and welcoming. We had an enormous room with a large and very comfortable bed. Bathroom was equally spacious with a walk-in shower and good lighting. I liked the free bar snacks and non alcoholic drinks - great idea! Did not have time to sample the restaurants but we hope to return soon and try one of them. Thanks for a lovely Valentine's night!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Pros
We enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel and the location. The Liverpool Street station is right across the street. We also walked to the Tower of London (20 min or so). The neighborhood is mainly office buildings, but there are a few pubs. We had stayed two nights at another hotel on the other side of town, but we enjoyed the convenience of this location more (more Underground options). The rooms are very nicely decorated, the bathroom was nice, and the room has a mini fridge (with free water, juice and a few snacks).

Cons
I took a couple of points off the sleep quality because our room was very hot. I don't think the AC was working. I was told that the settings were as cool as they could go. We could not open the window to bring in some relief (even though it was cold out, we needed to get some fresh, cooler air into the room). The bed was fine, but the pillows were not very good.
I took a couple of points off of the service because the one night were were there, I went down to ask about restaurants that had take away service, or even ones that had Italian/Pizza. I was told that there were none (none!) and that my best option was to order room service. Now, I am not a sucker and I did not believe this, but it was getting late and I did not want to look all over the neighborhood. I did ask if they could look up a specific chain (Pizza Express) and they supposedly did and came back to me with there were none in the area. I went back to the room and ordered room service. The food was very good, but VERY expensive. Pasta for 17 pounds, mac and cheese for 20 pounds, and salad at a decent 7 pounds. To my extreme displeasure, not only did I find a few restaurants in the area the next day, but I found TWO Pizza Express locations that were less than a few blocks away, one being like one or two blocks away. They are very nice for a sitdown meal by the way. I then looked at the menus for the restaurants downstairs and was ticked off even more to see that it was so much cheaper. The food was more than half off. The customer service agent should have told us to eat downstairs. I felt taken by the hotel a little, and I did not like that feeling.

Tip
If you take a cab from the hotel to Paddington Station for the Heathrow Express (Liverpool St Station was closed the morning we were leaving), the cab fare will be around 20 pounds. Yes, more expensive than the Tube, but I love the cabs and driving through the city.
Grab some cheap drinks and snacks at the nearby food store. There's the mini fridge in the room, might as well use it.

All in all, I enjoyed the stay very much, but I was very mad about the dining incident. Improving something little like that would make this hotel a hidden gem for sure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

We found staying at Andaz to be quite a unique experience. Everything from the check-in, restaurants, decor and layout of the building all have a special feel to them. Although it seems to be more geared towards business travelers we still had a very enjoyable stay and as the hotel is situated on top of Liverpool station found it easy to get around the city.

We were traveling with a 6 month old baby and found that our very spacious suite was fitted out with the best cot set-up we have ever found in a hotel. The cot came with a quilt, bumpers and a teddy bear! The room was quite large, well fitted out and had one of the biggest and most comfortable hotel beds i have ever slept in.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant next door, canapes and drinks are served in the foyer in the evenings but the highlight would have to be the restaurant 1901. As with the rest of the hotel the architecture and decor are exquisite but the food and wine were more than a match for it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Andaz Liverpool Street? Share your experiences!