Traveling to London for work, I choose the Andaz because of it's location. The service is fantastic, they really try to take care of everything for you. For this I was really impressed.
The rooms are really nice, and include beverages and light snacks, which is great. Every hotel should do it, it's such a great amenity at little cost to the hotels. There is also free wifi that works well throughout the building. The hotel is just across the street from the Liverpool station. There is a grocery store across the street as well but it does not stay open late, and lots of coffee shops, and places to grab quick meals nearby as the location is close by many offices.
My only complaint was my room, the air control was broken, and blowing out cold air. They gave me an extra blanket and space heater. By the end of the week, the problem seemed to have been fixed. I feel like they should have offered to switch the room, but at least they attended to all the issues quickly.
I ordered room service twice. The food is presented nicely and it comes quickly, but I did not like any of it except for the Tiramisu. All the other food, though of good quality, did not taste very good to me. The Japanese restaurant in the lobby is quite good, and low key. Otherwise, Duck and Waffles is a fancier restaurant 2 blocks away, it is also very good.
I visited the gym. It is very nice, fully stocked, and new equipment.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel London
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel
- Hyatt London
- Andaz Liverpool Street London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uncover the first of Hyatt's Andaz brand, and redefine your personal style at Andaz Liverpool Street. Located in the heart of the city, this London 5-star luxury hotel provides the perfect location for both business and leisure. One of the original London railway hotels, formerly opened as the Great Eastern, the Andaz is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building dating back to 1884. Once inside, it transforms into a 21st century masterpiece, with 267 beautifully appointed modern guest rooms. Walking through the doors of the only Liverpool Street hotel, you are immediately greeted by an Andaz Host and invited to relax in the Andaz Lounge. Sip a complimentary beverage while the check-in comes to you via handheld PC. Internet access, local landline phone calls and non-alcoholic mini-bar are provided complimentary for all our guests throughout their stay.Andaz Liverpool Street is included in 2013's Conde Nast Traveller Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Splendia, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Andaz Liverpool Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.