“The best hotel in The City” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #58 of 1,055 Hotels in London
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“The best hotel in The City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

great big rooms, minimalist but tasteful decoration, great restaurants and bars, trendy place to get an afterwor drink. Great check in procedure, and personalized attention. Located in Liverpool Street, great for business in The City

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz Liverpool Street, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and for the great comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the concept which is unique to Andaz and most importantly the attentive level of service provided by our team. On behalf on the whole Andaz Team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from this hotel today with my boyfriend and I would definitely visit again!
I booked this hotel for one night for me and my boyfriend as I had booked a meal in London for my boyfriends birthday and thought it would be a nice mini break. We were greeted by a member of staff at the door who kindly asked us to have a seat while we waited to be seen, which didn't take long at all. To check in I just had to enter a couple of details onto an iPad which I was quite impressed by and think more hotels should consider checking guests in that way too as it was simple and easy. We was offered complimentary drinks whilst checking in which included; water, tea/coffee and wine - nice touch. The member of staff also told us that there is complementary sushi too. We had already booked our meal out so unfortunatley didn't get to have any... If I visit again I will definitely be there! We were then given our room keys and shown to the lift (room 434 level 4). When we got to our room I was pleasantly surprised as I had already messaged the hotel in advance telling them it would be my boyfriend's birthday and they had left a little cupcake with a message saying 'Happy Birthday' next to it with a letter for him. I am very thankful for who ever left this for him as this just made our experience special and feel welcomed.
Our room was very spacious with a very big bed, flat screen tv, decent hairdryer, desk with an iPod docking station, wardrobe with lots of hangers, two sets of dressing gowns, two sets of slippers and a mini bar. This included complimentary drinks and snacks. The drinks that were included complimentary were two bottles of still water, two bottles of sparkling water, two fruit drinks, coca cola and a orange juice. The snacks were biscuits and a bag of nuts & pretzels. You can obviously have the alcoholic drinks too but that isn't included in the complimentary section.
The bathroom was also spacious with a bath/shower (very powerful too) unlike some hotels that hardly spray any water. Also included toilet, sink and some cabinets which two mirrors :). The tv has a wide selection of channels that you can watch which is good and a guide for you to look at too.
This hotel is in a good location and easy to get to from Liverpool street station. Our check out was very easy just like our check in. We were given a form form to fill in and then to drop into the express check out box on the way out... The card settlement is already sorted as you give your card details when you check in. You are also sent your invoice in an email.
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would come back as the staff couldn't be more helpful and the room had everything we needed.

Thank you for making our experience special :)

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street for a very special occasion that is your boyfriend’s birthday. I am so pleased to read all of your comments and in particular the one about the level of service provided by our great team. I will make sure to share your lovely comments with our whole team. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the London Andaz in early January and as in the past the staff and hotel continues to impress. The staff was attentive and the room comfortable. We used in room dinning for dinner one night and they exceeded our expectations.
Made for a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Important. We like the Andaz concept which is not your usual hotel experience. Their is no "check in desk" and no concierge. the managers fulfill that and more. Definitely works for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful review following your most recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read you continue to enjoy your time every time you stay with us. Most importantly, thank you for the great comments on our fantastic team, I will make sure to share your review with everyone. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz Liverpool Street very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud
Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Booked myself this as a Birthday night out in London and it really hit the spot. Yes I have had bigger hotel rooms, but it was hardly small either. Lots of nice freebies in the fridge (non alcoholic) and there is a help yourself area in the foyer but I never got to use it as we hit the cocktail bar and town. Check in is charming - no desk, just ipads and you are offered a seat and a drink - it may get chaotic when it is busy though!
Had cocktails in the stunning bar - there are a number of different eating and drinking spaces, all with different characters, much unspoilt Victoriana among the modern refit. None of it is cheap but if the cocktails are anything to go by the quality is high. Anyway this is not a hotel for scrimping even though I got an amazing price via a certain website. Views across the station roof to me were extraordinary and it is so close to all your transport needs and all that is cool in the Spitalfields area. I have said very good value based on the price I got - it would be average otherwise but there is always a deal if you are canny!

Room Tip: I loved the view across the station roof tops but you may prefer a side street . I think I had a sli...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ArnauddeSaintExupery, General Manager at Andaz Liverpool Street, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Andaz for your Birthday treat last month. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the Andaz experience and that you were able to appreciate historical parts of our beautiful building. We look forward to welcoming you back to Andaz again soon. With my best wishes, Arnaud
Tacarigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

A great hotel, located in The City of London next to a major subway hub so excellent location, impeccable service, had an issue with my credit card when I arrived for check in but was still allowed to while the matter was resolved so I didn't have to sit in the lobby like a beggar lol, suite was modern and funky but understandably small as it is a very old building, so the bathroom was particularly tight, but extremely well appointed nonetheless. Last but not least, reasonable price for a London hotel of this quality.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you very much for your review and lovely comments following your recent stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street. I’ll make sure to share your review with the rest of the team. In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've hesitated a few seconds between giving this hotel 4 or 5 stars. Despite racking my brain I can't find anything to bicker about. Welcome on the lobby was friendly, coffee was offered and the staff told me I would have to wait a few minutes as they had other guests checking in. Simple but efficient as there's nothing worse than being ignored and feeling invisible.

My room was big compared to similar hotels in the category and the place is rather quiet. The hotel is modern and well designed but it has still generates good vibes and it is not "cold design". Service from the staff was really great and I'll gladly come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay here at Andaz Liverpool Street and for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant stay with us and that you were also impressed by the level of service provided by our great team. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Best wishes, Arnaud
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Reading other reviews, I feel bad giving negative feedback but I have to be honest. I had a weekend planned with some great friends from Uni (a weekend away from my 4 & 6 year old kids!) and we decided to treat ourselves to a decent hotel. The hotel was fine but do not bother with the champagne bar! Rude staff who told us they'd run out of bar snacks !!!!! We ordered a £58 bottle of champagne only to be told on check out that they'd added a £10 service charge that had to be paid. My friend paid it, but we did complain at check out and after some time we were told the "service charge" was indeed discretionary although my friend was not refunded. A silly mistake on their part. What a shame....

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz Liverpool Street, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share you review with us on this site. I was disapointed to read about your experience in Champagne Bar while recently staying with us. On all our menus it is stated that a discretionary service charge of 12,5% will be added to your bill. A bill should have been presented to you for you to sign off so I am sorry our team didn’t do so. Please rest assured your feedback has already been forwarded to the relevant team and that this is not representative of the usual level of service we provide. After investigation, the team have informed me that a refund of the service charge was made to the same credit card used to pay the final bill on check-out and that we have been in touch with you on this matter. Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz Liverpool Street to show you what the hotel is truly made of. Best wishes, Arnaud

Been to Andaz Liverpool Street? Share your experiences!