“Superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 1,071 hotels in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. This was our second stay at Liverpool St. It will now be our London Hotel for every visit. Great staff, great location, great atmosphere. Excellent in room products, terrific breakfast. We have always stayed in 5 star hotels while in London, and this is the best bang for the buck. I hope it doesn't get too popular, so it will remain accessible, a great little secret.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz Liverpool Street, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for such an amazing review! I am so pleased you have again enjoyed your stay with us and it is great to hear that we can now expect to see you on all of your future visits to London. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again soon to Andaz Liverpool Street. Best wishes, Arnaud.

1,434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Everything about our stay was stunning. It made our 25th wedding anniversary, service was astonishing, breakfast amazing, location brilliant and the deco in the lobby corridors and bedrooms was the quality of the Early 20th century cruise ships

• Stayed December 2012
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz Liverpool Street, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review following your anniversary stay with us. I am so pleased you really enjoyed your time with us at Andaz Liverpool Street and in particular thank you for the comment on the service our team provided. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Andaz Liverpool Street. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Nantwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

It is a lovely venue, with a great lobby and super bedrooms, BUT both my experiences at this flagship venue have been flawed. Taking nothing away from the venue, this is about a service experience which isn't quite as cohesive as it could be, although they appear to be trying hard.

Their General Manager, however, takes issues seriously and is clearly keen to address anything not up to his expectations, which can only be positive. However, my check-in experience on both occasions has been slow and fragmented and rooms have not been readt on time (I arrived after check-in time on both occasions). Like any other hotel (after making the reservation) the check-in is the point at which the first service experience occurs and that sets the scene for me.

If check-in is 3pm, rooms should be ready at 3pm - especially for guests who have stated their arrival time. Moreover, when the hotel emails you in advance to confirm that your room is ready and you turn up to find it is not ready (having spent £30 unnecessarily in a taxi to divert to the hotel) that becomes very irritating and, no, I don't want a drink while I'm waiting, I want to drop my bags in my room and go.

These check-in/housekeeping flaws aside, it is a truly nice place and I do recommend it providing your expectation of check-in is not to sit around for a few minutes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz Liverpool Street, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the feedback following your stay with us last year, we appreciate you taking the time to provide this. I was very pleased to read that you really enjoy the hotel itself and facilities, however, I am very sorry once again for the delays you experienced during check-in. Rooms should certainly be ready for check-in from 3pm, and please be rest assured this feedback was passed onto our team to follow-up on after your stay to ensure this is the case. I sincerely hope we can have another opportunity to welcome you back to Andaz on your next visit to London. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My daughter had booked a theatre break at this hotel for myself and a friend as a Christmas present, and I had booked an extra night. We arrived early at the hotel as we were going to a matnee performance. We were delighted by the host welcome at this beautiful hotel. Unfortunately, although we were advised that our room was ready, it hadn't been prepared properly and was made up as a double rather than two singles, but this was corrected whilst we were at the theatre. Unfortunately, things started going downhill from then onwards. It took over 20 minutes for room service to deliver a glass of milk and a hot chocolate (it was at a very quiet time of night). Breakfast was not very nice - not disimilar to a roadside cafe, bacon was cold, eggs were rubbery etc. only the coffee was great. On returning to the hotel late afternoon on day 2, we found that the room had not been serviced at all, and had to phone to Reception, who apologised and agreed to send someone up at an agreed time when we wouldn't be there, but housekeeping turned up 15 minutes later whilst we were getting ready to go out. Eventually, we pursuaded them to come back after 6 p.m. I know it was New Years Day but the only restaurant open was in the bar - where we had eaten the night before - and the quality of food was certainly not the same as that on the previous night. A small niggle was that I had to phone a car rental company three times to confirm my booking, and it was a freephone number, but the hotel charged £2 for each call. This is a beautiful hotel, and has a great lounge where you can sample the various 'tastes of Andaz'. The door staff and hosts were extremely welcoming and informative so it was so sad that they have been let down by other aspects of the hotel. Strangely, you can only give on-line feedback to Hyatt if you have a Gold Pass, or the facility to 'sign in', so it appears that Hyatt aren't really interested in receiving feedback from guests! I've stopped in various hotels across the world but never before at a Hyatt. Would I stay at one again? I'm not sure.

Room Tip: Apparently, some of the rooms have views of 'The Gerkin'. Our room looked out on to an inte...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share the comments from your recent stay with us. Whilst this certainly helps us to improve the operation of the hotel, I am very sorry again for the inconveniences you experienced whilst you were with us. As per our email correspondence, all of the feedback you shared was forwarded onto the relevant managers for follow-up with their respective teams. Thank you again for your time and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future. Best wishes, Arnaud.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Rooms were a good size, especially for London, although all the windows faced the inside of the hotel so you really couldn't tell the weather and how to dress appropriately. Staff were all young and helpful. A couple of strange things about the hotel - the plumbing system is quite loud and there were times when you couldn't flush the toilets (although they flushed several minutes later) because of the pressure water flow system, and also the section of the hotel that we were in required either walking down the stairs to the breakfast restaurant (not something my almost 80 year old mother appreciated) or taking the elevators and then going outside and back into the restaurant.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AndazLiverpoolStreet, General Manager at Andaz Liverpool Street, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful review, we really appreciate your time. In relation to the windows, we do have a large number of rooms which are also outside facing so the next time you are planning to stay with us this can certainly be requested. Apologies for any disturbance caused by the plumbing. We do use a system which is slightly louder in some areas but uses approximately 80% less water than a regular system. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back to Andaz Liverpool Street soon. Best wishes for the new year, Arnaud.
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent location, great style and design, and the service you may expect from the best Hyatt places: you cannot find a better mix! Rooms are spacious and excellent beds, furniture are designer's and everything is smooth and pleasant. Very recommended

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback following your December stay with us. It was great to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay so thank you for sharing and for the recommendation, it is very much appreciated. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to Andaz again on your next London visit. Best wishes, Arnaud.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Location: Not exactly central, but literally only a 10 - 15 minute tube stop from everywhere you need to be in London.

Property: WOW! this place is super cool and nice. I've stayed at a lot of the park, grand, and higher-end waldorf brands and I have to admit. This location is really unique and chic. My wife and I spent so much time wandering and taking photos of the place.

Service: This is the most important party. The hotel goes way out of their way to help you with all of your needs. Everyday they sat with us to help us personally plan out our days. They sent us great cookies and snack and always anticipated our needs. Kudos to the team! because of their service, we recommended this place to three friends already. That's a great example of good service that brings more business in! I've only seen this kind of personal and welcoming service at a few other locations in Asia. The reason I bring this up, is sometimes with the fancy chic places you get a little bit of a distant feeling from the staff. Like when you go to those hip-trendy restaurant but the service is terrible. We'lll that's not the case here. You will be always greeted by name whenever you are near by most of the staff and they will often ask how to help make your trip even better!

Also - the croissants are great at 1901. Freshly baked and super yummy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing such a fantastic review of your recent stay with us at Andaz Liverpool Street. I am so pleased that you really enjoyed the location, there are certainly a lot of hidden gems to be found in East London. Most importantly though, I was really thrilled to read the amazing feedback you had from your interactions with our team. They do such a great job for us and I will certainly share your comments with them. We hope to welcome you back to Andaz again soon and best wishes for the new year! Arnaud.

Been to Andaz Liverpool Street? Share your experiences!