My daughter had booked a theatre break at this hotel for myself and a friend as a Christmas present, and I had booked an extra night. We arrived early at the hotel as we were going to a matnee performance. We were delighted by the host welcome at this beautiful hotel. Unfortunately, although we were advised that our room was ready, it hadn't been prepared properly and was made up as a double rather than two singles, but this was corrected whilst we were at the theatre. Unfortunately, things started going downhill from then onwards. It took over 20 minutes for room service to deliver a glass of milk and a hot chocolate (it was at a very quiet time of night). Breakfast was not very nice - not disimilar to a roadside cafe, bacon was cold, eggs were rubbery etc. only the coffee was great. On returning to the hotel late afternoon on day 2, we found that the room had not been serviced at all, and had to phone to Reception, who apologised and agreed to send someone up at an agreed time when we wouldn't be there, but housekeeping turned up 15 minutes later whilst we were getting ready to go out. Eventually, we pursuaded them to come back after 6 p.m. I know it was New Years Day but the only restaurant open was in the bar - where we had eaten the night before - and the quality of food was certainly not the same as that on the previous night. A small niggle was that I had to phone a car rental company three times to confirm my booking, and it was a freephone number, but the hotel charged £2 for each call. This is a beautiful hotel, and has a great lounge where you can sample the various 'tastes of Andaz'. The door staff and hosts were extremely welcoming and informative so it was so sad that they have been let down by other aspects of the hotel. Strangely, you can only give on-line feedback to Hyatt if you have a Gold Pass, or the facility to 'sign in', so it appears that Hyatt aren't really interested in receiving feedback from guests! I've stopped in various hotels across the world but never before at a Hyatt. Would I stay at one again? I'm not sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uncover the first of Hyatt's Andaz brand, and redefine your personal style at Andaz Liverpool Street. Located in the heart of the city, this London 5-star luxury hotel provides the perfect location for both business and leisure. One of the original London railway hotels, formerly opened as the Great Eastern, the Andaz is housed in a beautiful redbrick Victorian building dating back to 1884. Once inside, it transforms into a 21st century masterpiece, with 267 beautifully appointed modern guest rooms. Walking through the doors of the only Liverpool Street hotel, you are immediately greeted by an Andaz Host and invited to relax in the Andaz Lounge. Sip a complimentary beverage while the check-in comes to you via handheld iPads. Internet access, local landline phone calls and non-alcoholic mini-bar are provided complimentary for all our guests throughout their stay.Andaz Liverpool Street is included in 2013's Conde Nast Traveller Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Andaz Liverpool Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andaz Liverpool Street Hotel London
- Hyatt London
- Andaz Liverpool Street London, England