The Andaz is one of my favourite hotel chains. I benchmark my stay here to the Andaz in New York, which is an amazing hotel, so the expectations were very high. Overall, a good hotel, handy location for some purposes, decent staff and service but overall felt a bit below my very high expectations.
What I liked:
- stylish, modern hotel and comfortable rooms
- very convenient for London City purposes, and close to Liverpool St station
- free non-alcoholic mini bar plus snacks and coffee in the lobby, as is typical of Andaz hotels
- nice checkin - quick, efficient and nice to get a welcome drinks
- decent rate for London
What I didn't like:
- noisy bathrooms (you can also hear clearly the plumbing from other rooms)
- my view was very average but I don't think you would stay here for the view anyway
- probably because I compare to the US manner in New York's Andaz, I did find the staff here a little bit indifferent, though not necessarily unhelpful
- felt a bit detached to the rest of the restaurants in the building
- I really liked the free wine in the lobby in other Andaz I have stayed at, but didn't seem to be available here. Staff only mentioned free coffee and waters/juices when asked.