“Excellent service,great night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fig & Olive

Fig & Olive
151 Upper Street | Angel Islington, London N1 1RA, England (Islington / Clerkenwell)
020 7354 2605
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig & Olive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,131 of 17,944 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Islington / Clerkenwell
“Excellent service,great night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Excellent service, great food options and very relaxing atmosphere. The staff is very welcoming and friendly.We had very pleasant dinner on a busy Friday night. Will definitely go back, highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Bad service and attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I booked a table for dessert and when we arrived we sat down. My friends went to look at dessert selection and manager came over to take order and I said they are choosing their dessert. Her face clouded over and she said oh you should have said that one the phone, as we are busy on Saturday nights. Hmm then if that's a problem they should ask that when taking bookings. Every 5 minutes she kept coming to our table to hurry us up, which was so rude, as our conversations and eating was being disturbed frequently. Our bill for dessert and drinks came to about £25-30 so it wasn't a paltry amount. My friend at one point relented and took her hint about asking for the bill. She bought it over and was hovering over us so we took our time. She then walked away. My friend took out his credit card and we were taking out our money when a waiter turned up and just snatched the card out of his hand and went to insert it into the payment machine. I took it back as I was so furious, how rude! Once we paid I spoke to the manager and fed back about her poor service and attitude. She said we are busy, she seemed to think that justified her behaviour. She said people are waiting for a table, well I had made a reservation so I think if you do not have one you then have to wait. I said she needs to manage things better then, to which she smiled fakely at me. I used to like this place and recommend it to lots of people, however I was disappointed and have not been back since and will not tell people about it.

Visited October 2013
“too many desserts!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Nice spot at upper street! Been here several times. The desserts are great, the coffee is great and the environment is nice and relaxing! The service is good but the staff could be more welcoming and helpful I guess..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent for big parties, and great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked a table for 16 with only a few days’ notice to celebrate my birthday, due to the late notice I couldn’t be picky with a party that size. They advised that the best option was to go with a set menu, which included desserts but we had already organized our own cake, so they were happy to substitute this course for coffees and teas and serve up our dessert (very flexible) . I was a bit worried about a set menu, but it had so many options, and made the pricing really easy for the table. I had the seared scallops and they were fresh and amazing, for mains there was again lots of options, beef, lamb, chicken, duck, fish, vegetarian etc… I went with the duck, again it was great. When we were ready they brought the cake out (they’d put it on a nice stand with candles that they had supplied) and joined in with the birthday song, swiftly taking it away to serve it all up.

The wine selection was great, service was so attentive by not only our wait staff, but also the manager without hovering. We didn’t feel rushed at all and the food service was timed really well and they knew who was having what and were quick to serve us all together. They were happy for us to sit there and drink and talk for as long as we liked and when the bill came (on our request of course) it was such a nice surprise coming to about £34 a head for three courses with loads of wine, beer and a few mulled wines as well, leaving everyone talking about how great the food was and the good value.

This place ranks very high on my list now, and think we really lucked out scoring the table as the restaurant ended up been at full capacity that evening.

Thank you for making it a great night for me, and leaving my guest impressed and happy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Moved to the area recently and was looking for a place for a quick dinner with a friend. Got attracted by the cakes which is the first thing you see from outside. The restaurant was busy (unusual for wednesday, but taking into consideration the cold weather, may be it's normal). Luckily they got a table for us. We had lamb shoulder (which was recommended as one of the best dishes by the waitress) and my friend had some aubergine dish. Thumbs up for having so many vegetarian options by the way! Finished with yummy waffle and a lemon mering! Seriously, one of the best merings I had ever!
Very friendly and welcoming staff. Definitely will be back soon to try the rest of the cakes!

Visited November 2013