“I can't rave about this place enough....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scott's

Scott's
20 Mount Street, London W1K 2HE, England (Mayfair)
+44 (0)20 7495 7309
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #264 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: Originally an oyster warehouse, Scott's has been serving up its legendary seafood since 1851. A conveniently short walk from Green Park and Bond Street tube stations, this Mayfair mainstay uses burgundy leather banquettes and subdued lighting to create an air of old-school elegance which reflects the restaurant's chic clientele. Designed by Martin Brudnizki and highlighted by the exquisite bar topped with onyx and finished in stingray skin, the revamped interior of Scott's still carries the 1960's glamour of yesteryear. Traditional fish and seafood dishes dominate the menu, although seasonal meat and game make an appearance. Atlantic Halibut, Dover Sole and Lobster have proven to be popular choices, and there is also a Roasted Shellfish platter for two to share. The famous oyster bar with its three-metre crustacean display offers a more relaxed dining area and there is also an art deco-style private dining room, ideal for canapé receptions, press launches and private celebrations.
London, United Kingdom
“I can't rave about this place enough....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was incredibly worried about the stuffiness of this place. My boss dines here on a regular basis (I'm his PA), and I have to admit that out of work....I like a relaxed, informal ambience. So, when he recommended I dine here (surprise lunch for my boyfriend's birthday - he loves fish) and suggested I dress up, my heart sank. I do panic when dining in establishments such as this....as I feel I don't belong. However, upon walking in, I immediately felt at ease in the comfortable surroundings, I was a little concious of people eaves dropping as the tables are relatively close, but that's something you forget after a while. I'm not keen on fish, but opted for the hot smoked salmon with crispy bacon to start. I could eat that every day of the week. It was delicious, much to my boyfriend's delight, as it means that he can now cook fish at home. My main was the steak, which 1) Was HUGE and 2) incredibly succulent. And, I'd read somewhere else about their Apple Pie, so opted for that as my dessert. I can only say that it was better than my Gran's. I was on a budget, so opted for a bottle of Muscadet. It was nice. I'm not a wine connoisseur, but thought a previous comment about no decent wine under £50 was a little harsh. Chocolate truffles were a delight. I also had a sneaky peak at the artwork in their private room, when visiting the bathroom. I'll definitely be back. It's one of the best restaurants I have ever dined in. Only downside would be, they aren't licensed for dancing in the private room. It would have been an ideal venue for an intimate wedding reception.....something I would have seriously considered holding there. LOVED IT!!

“Great as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went again or an extended lunch. What a great place, everything is right bout Scott's, starting with the food. Perfect or me.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

On 11 Sept 2013 having booked up 3 months in advance really looking forward to it. Table not ready had to wait 15 mins, noisy, tables close together, no atmosphere, too bright we stayed for just over an hour. Food average and not what you call a dining experience. Went to Rules day before excellent.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“best sea food in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

It's posh, it's hard to get a table, it's expensive, but it's a fantastic restaurant.
We usually eat at the bar and order some sea food platters, a good bottle of Picpoul or Sauvignon Blanc, and then the lobster...and...WOW ! this is so fresh, so nice...the service is perfect...the ambiance so unique and you don't have to be loaded to feel at home there. Everybody is elegant, sophisticated and cool. We come as often as we can afford and we have never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
London
“Scott-astic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

So now we have a toddler and a baby we are always cautious to go to high end restaurants as, unlike on the continent, they generally seem child unfriendly. However as we hadn't been to our all time favourite restaurant, Scott's, for over a year I decided to book us in for an early lunch at the first sitting at midday. I must have booked 3 months or so ago. We asked for two high-chairs. They have a no pushchair policy and quite right too! The staff were relaxed yet professional at all times. My toddler was given colouring and pencils, they were able to provide a half-portion of cod goujons, and everything was utterly faultless. Our French oysters were delectable, my grilled lobster was delicious albeit a little less garlic butter would have been better and my husband thought his hake was a delight! We left satisfied and cannot wait to return without our babies for a romantic dinner...soon!