“Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wasabi 58 Oxford Street

Wasabi 58 Oxford Street
58 Oxford Street, London, England (Soho)
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,187 of 17,931 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: Soho
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Been to London a couple of times .. and made it a point to visit this place. Awesome Japanese food at really really good prices.. The noodle soups, sushi (in veg too how great it that?) and some really good salads ..

The con would be the place could have been a little more bigger .. becomes difficult to accommodate large crowd .. but maybe the concept is pick , pay and leave (not sure about that)

All in all , Good food at great prices ...couldnt have asked for more in Pricey London :)

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York
“Cheap & tasty Japanese!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great place for cheap Japanese.. even for vegetarians. The sushi and the curry's are delicious and have a distinct flavour. I can keep going back for more anytime!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
1,029 reviews 1,029 reviews
1,037 helpful votes 1,037 helpful votes
“Even does vegetarian sushi!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have tried both types of food here. The hot food e.g curry and the sushi. I was a little surprised at how the curry is served. They dish it up in your tub/box and then it goes in the microwave to reheat. I'm sure that chicken shouldn't be reheated?? Portions area good size and I found the food to be very tasty, although it was on the pricey side.
The star for me was the vegetarian sushi. Not being a fish lover, I've tended to avoid sushi. However there is a great variety for some reasonable prices. I particularly like the avocado rolls and the chicken teriyaki sushi.
Will certainly return...but for sushi only!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oslo, Norway
“GOOD AND REASONABLY PRICED FOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was drawn to this idea of making my own "lunch box" with those pre-made and wrapped sushi. I remember thinking "what a great way to get experimental on different kinds of sushi". It was so cheap and so good, that after I ate an entire lunch box by myself, I picked and packed a second one to go.

I found their food to be very tasty. The sushi rice were neither undercooked or overcooked. Just perfect! The service were so-so. Just what one can expect from a fast food chain. The place is not ideal if you want a place where you can sit and talk for hours. It cannot accomodate much people, as the sitting area is not that big. But like I said, it's a fast food chain. You pick, you pay, you eat and then you split.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bracknell
“Reasonable fast food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I first discovered Wasabi when I spent last summer working in the City. It became a favourite mid week treat and now when I'm in town on the weekends on my own I tend to have a Wasabi for lunch, although fewer of the branches are open on the weekends. I particularly love the Sweet Chilli chicken bento but also really like the Chicken Katsu curry. For fast food I think it's good value for money.