“Chinese food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant - Chinatown

Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant - Chinatown
12 Gerrard Street, London W1D 5PR, England (Soho)
+44 (0)207 494 0870
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5,781 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Soho
ANKARA
“Chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

You can taste good Chinese duck here, if you eat half will be enough for two. Especially their noddles are excellent.our seasons, I tried ribs, half duck and noddle and paid 36pound. after 8 you have to wait to find a table.

Visited March 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“If I could put less than 1 star I would.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Four Season’s Chinese restaurant

Went here Friday night after the theatre. Customer service is non existent. They only want a quick turn over. It was only for two people and although there was a table upstairs were designated a tiny table in the corner of the windowless basement.

I ordered the half peking duck with pancakes. However it was more roasted duck. It was extremely greasy duck swimming in a pool of oil and fat. The skin was soft and not crispy at all like other peking duck or roasted duck dishes I’ve had. The pancakes were dried out. As the duck was sitting on the cumcumber and spring onion, they were also warm.

There was no complimentary oranges served to us, which has been mentioned in the previous reviews. As soon as they realized we were finished eating, they bought us the bill, although it then took probably over 10 minutes for them to then bring over the card machine despite me showing them my card within minutes of bringing the bill.

Worse service and food I’ve had. I’d never return here nor recommend it. If I could give it a no stars rating I would.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Roast duck lives up to its name”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Never had a roast duck which has that much fat under its skin (probably because it's winter)...... but the mix of texture- crispy skin, fat, succulent meat & extremely fragrant & tasty seasoning- MAKES IT EXCELLENT!
Personalised, friendly service- not overboard.

Visited February 2013
East Lansing, Michigan
“Duck was good, service was below average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I'm laughing reading these other reviews now and wish I had read them prior to coming here. I think I have to fully agree with the reviews prior to mine. This was one of several recommended restaurants in Chinatown. We came for lunch and were taken downstairs which was basically a windowless basement. Lovely ambiance next to the toilets. They tried to seat us at a table with a dirty tablecloth that hadn't been changed and seemed put out that I refused to sit there. I said "the tablecloth is dirty" and they looked at me like I was from Mars then just plunked us down at the table next to it. It was a paper tablecloth - come on! Change the thing! Gross. They sat the next party of two there and still didn't change it. We ordered the pan friend dumplings and the chicken satay as starters. Dumplings were good, satay was TERRIBLE! Like trying to chew through shoe leather seriously! Tough and stringy. I ordered the duck and hubby got the kung pao chicken. Duck was fine as was the kung pao but I wouldn't come back here again. And yes, waiters never really spoke to us, took orders and plopped food on our table. We didn't leave a tip which I never do but felt warranted in this case. I'm sure there are much better in Chinatown.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Staff are so rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff are rude, the tables are spaced too close together. They tried to fit my friend and me on the end of a family of five's table until we asked to sit at another free table.
Don't expect to be able to sit and have a chat after the meal. They put the complimentary slices of orange meant for after the meal on the table whilst we were still eating our main course - hinting we'd like to hurry you and make you leave.

I will only go to Four Seasons for the roast meats now and that is to take away.

• Visited February 2013