“Exclusive Indian Restaurant in the heart of Knightsbridge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Haandi - Knightsbridge

Haandi - Knightsbridge
7 Cheval Place | Knightsbridge, London SW3 1HY, England (Knightsbridge)
+44 20 7823 7373
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,790 of 17,052 Restaurants in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian, Halal
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
London, United Kingdom
“Exclusive Indian Restaurant in the heart of Knightsbridge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Haandi of Knightsbridge is a lovely traditional Indian Restaraunt. The restaurant is just off the popular Brompton Road in Knightsbridge. I can't really fault this restaurant . The food is freshly prepared and you can see the chefs at work thought the glass window dividers. The menu is of a descent size catering all the popular Indian cuisines. The service has always been to a high standard every time that I have dined here. The lunchtime menu offers good value for money. I would recommend this restaraunt to anyone who fancies a top end Indian meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“All what you expect from a good indian meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were a party of 4 we have ordered quite a few dishes e.g. daal, chicken/prawn curries, biryani and lamb tikka.. Really good flavours and good balance of spice in every dish. Reasonable pricing and good service. Will be going back for sure.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Not very 'Knightsbridge' but REALLY good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Booked this on the strength of reviews about the food and they were not wrong - the 4 of us were all really pleased with our choices and every dish we ordered was delicious. I loved the fact that there was such a huge choice and variety. The flavours were so fragrant and everything was so fresh. The service was lovely - v smiley and attentive. Also our waiter was more than happy to recommend dishes and make suggestions re portions when asked. The restaurant was not busy for a saturday night in our opinion - perhaps this is more to do with the fact that the Brompton Road entrance is purely a doorway and you'd need to be in the 'know' to find the Cheval place entrance - you wouldn't really just stumble accross it. I liked the fact that there were no airs and graces at this restaurant and but I do feel that it could do with being modernised decor-wise and the toilets could be smartened up a bit.

• Visited April 2013
NJ
“Best Indian restaurant ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This restaurant made my whole trip. I haven't even had food this good in NYC. Ate here every day once I found it. Thankful an Indian friend named this as the best from her experience living in London. Everyone I was with enjoyed their dishes & great service, we were always welcomed with happy faces & smiles. If you love Indian food this is a must on your London restaurant lists, walking distance from Harrods. I felt the prices were fair for London. Lunch & dinner were both great!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
United Kingdom
“Expensive ! However,,,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was with my father and we had just come out of Harrods and were looking for somewhere nice to eat,, we noticed this place and decided to go for it,,Like previous reviewer,,,,we also went in through the Brompton Road entrance and almost turned back a few times,,,, because it was a poorly decorated staircase and led down to the basement,, however, we managed to get inside ,, it was very quiet and only one other family there,, it was quite nicely decorated and a waiter came over,,I asked him if it was Halal,, he replied 'yes' politely and seated us,, he presented the menu,, we chose 2 starters and main with garlic and plain naan, along with 2 orange juices. at one side of the restaurant,, behind a glass screen ( which was a nice feature) you could actually see the chefs cooking and preparing food..
After about 10 minutes the waiter came with the chutneys- mint chutney, plum chutney and mango pickle. the rest of the meal followed,
I dont really like to eat Indian food and especially when I'm out I dont like it, but because I was with my father and he wasn't going to eat sandwiches or pizza, I thought I'd go for it this time.. I must say I was really pleasantly surprised, the chicken pieces and seekh kebab starters were really soft and tasty, they weren't over spicy or chilli - as I don't get on well with too many spices!!
The naan were really thin and flavourful,, very well made.
The chicken karahi was cooked beautifully too.. I must say being used to these foods all my life,,, I had never had these foods ,, this good before,,
The food was definitely enough for 2 people,, service was great too.
however,, it was a bit too pricey,, but I feel,, if you can ,,u should splashout sometimes ,, our meal cost around £30 per person.... and it was a "once in while" kind of thing,,, plus its Knightsbridge,,,
we paid about £60 and left via the same entrance,, I would say its a nice place and if I ever came to knightsbridge again,, I would consider coming back to this restaurant... and would recommend to others ..

• Visited March 2013