“Terrible management for a high standard restaurant” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7,272 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Freshly cooked food for everyone served to the sound of great music - guaranteed to make you feel good!
London, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible management for a high standard restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

After having a very busy morning with my one year old daughter I've decided to go for lunch there as I had nothing ready at home, and my baby was hungry, the restaurant was recommended by friends so I tough I couldn't go wrong, well it was the most unpleasant experience I had on a high standard restaurant as is the giraffe in Muswell hill, I order and about 20 minutes later after not having my drinks not a starter and nothing to give to my baby I've ask how long was going to take my order to come, and the waiter just forgotten to send the order away so after 20 minutes waiting I ask to complaint to the manager and she just says I am sorry an that was it... I wasn't expecting much from the manager but at least to solve the problem in another way she just say sorry like she didn't care that I've waisted my time waiting for something that if I don't ask was never going to come, I thing for a restaurant like that in Muswell hill area they should have more experience staff as is a very busy restaurant specially at lunch time, not happy at all with manager and staff, it would be the first and last time I will pop into that place and won't recomend it to any of my friends at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

south wales
“Great Food. Good Service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Going out for breakfast is always a treat when we're away and the menu at Giraffe in Muswell Hill was very enticing. The restaurant was lovely and clean and the service very attentive and efficient. The choice of breakfast was extensive and the three dishes that we ordered all came up to expectations and got our day of sightseeing off to a great start. The dishes can be pricey but are worth it. It is especially worth keeping an eye out for 2for1 offers via websites to enjoy your visit even more!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
CRAWLEY
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good food, plenty of choice and good price 6 people was £80. Good for vegetarians and those with food allergies.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Overpriced and overcooked!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Bland food that tastes like it had been cooked and reheated rather than made from fresh. If you want to eat amongst noisy kids and chattering mums then maybe you should head here. If not, then go to the myriad of coffee shops and restaurants that are in the vicinity.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food. Staff need upgrading.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I thought about putting a 3 and then noticed other peoples reviews mentioning bad service which made me think about how bad the service actually was.

The food was brilliant and well worth the money (if it was accompanied by good service), everything that was placed on our table reached our stomachs with great satisfaction. Compliments to the chef!

Unfortunately the quality of the food is let down by very poor service. The staff are Unattentive (the bar man pointed to a table when we walked in, without uttering a word), slow (it took at least 10mins to get our drinks, we had to go and ask for them in the end... Which the waitress didn't seem to pleased about - how dare someone interrupt her conversation!), and incredibly immature (the waitress just laughed when we said the service was appalling). They spend their time chatting to each other, happily ignoring the customers and the kitchen bell ringing for service. We saw our food get put out on the pass, the chef rang the bell and every single waitress huddled around their little podium blatantly ignored it. To top it off, they add a 15% service charge to the bill, watch out for that!

It was my first visit to a Giraffe restaurant and based on the way this one is run I would avoid visiting one again in the future.

• Visited August 2012