“no more” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Angus Steakhouse

Angus Steakhouse
21 Coventry Street | Leicester Square, London W1J 7AE, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )
(020)-7 839 1059
Neighborhood: Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park
London, United Kingdom
“no more”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Horrible.Food takes ages and the manager is high on drugs.I could see white powder all over his nose.Just avoid this place.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
“Fast service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had fish and chips. It literally came in 5 minutes after I ordered. Fish was fantastic, though the chips were a little plain. Would eat here again as it appears to be a good Angus Steakhouse in the area.

Visited March 2013
Riga, Latvia
“Surprised at how good it is”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've been here three times and I'm still amazed.

Even with all the tables full, the service was very efficient. When we wanted something it came very quickly and we weren't trying hard to wait for someone to call (like in other places).

The food was spot on! We had the half roasted chicken and the spare ribs, with side orders. Both were done perfectly and we left only the bones on the plates. The waiter who served us was very friendly and helpful and couldn't have done a better job.

Some people might think it is a little expensive, but if they keep up this level of service and standard of cooking then for me it is no problem. For a chain restaurant you will be surprised. I will be coming back for sure.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
killer_butterflies
“Burnt and over expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here today on a whim. We past it hungry and thought why not. The staff were polite and efficient but not very friendly or welcoming.

I ordered the chicken skewers and my husband chose an 8oz steak, I forget what cut.

My main was poor. I immediately knew I had chosen badly as it was burnt, dry and boring. I added a little of my husband's garlic butter (£2!) to my rice to make it more palatable. The chicken was overcooked and the peppers and onions were shrivelled and black.

My husband said his steak was nice but not the best he had ever eaten and it cost 25 pounds without any sides or sauce. It definitely wasn't cooked how he wanted it either.

As soon as out mains were removed our waitress asked if we wanted anything else and we said we would have pudding - we'd had little chance to say much else but the menu had been on the table the whole time so she expected us to know straight away!

My husband ordered his favourite sticky toffee pudding - this was advertised as oven baked on the menu but when it arrived it looked total different and was one of those 99p Heinz jobbies that comes out of a tin! And they charged a fiver. I ordered the rocky road and it was nothing special. With two orange juices the bill came to £58! Ridiculous.

Won't be going back, not sure why there are so many within such a small radius - very disappointing experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Porto Alegre, RS
“A grate piece of red meat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The best steak I have eat in all my life!!It's my first time in Bretain and I'm from a meat land(Rio Grande do Sul/Brazil) and meat is a thing that I really know..

• Visited September 2012