“Good food, good atmosphere, individual character” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bistro Savoir Faire

Le Bistro Savoir Faire
42 New Oxford Street, London WC1A 1EP, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)
020 7436 0707
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Bistro Savoir Faire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #619 of 16,890 restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury / Holborn
Transit: Half way between Tottenham court Road Station and Holborn Station.
Manchester
“Good food, good atmosphere, individual character”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I've been using this restaurant since the 90's, when it was a Pierre Victoire. I've almost always enjoyed my visit. I like the straightforward French bistro style food, in a family run restaurant that's a little different from the ubiquitous chains. At just under £20 for a 2 course dinner it's not the great value it once was, but worth a visit. Busy too, so be sure to book

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
  • Greek first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Standards maintained”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I visited with a different family member on this occasion who was just as impressed as me with the value for money still available in this city centre gem.

I hope all the good reviews don't prompt the management to increase their prices too much but it's always been pretty full whenever I've been there so they probably feel they have some scope to "up the ante". As long as they don't reduce the quality they would probably get away with an increase.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic little authentic French resturant in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We really enjoyed our food here it was as if we were in France.
The starter although small was very tasty
I had Goats cheese my hubby had Aubergine.
We both had the Lamb shank which was excellent with pomme puree carrot and courgette,very succulent.
One tarte au citron to share
Bottle of Rose reasonably price
Tres Bon £60.00 for the total excellent
last note Toilet was spotless ;-)

• Visited June 2011
Oakham, Rutland.
“Fab little place. Same as 8 years ago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

You can't go wrong if you want a typical French meal at a very reasonable price, right in the heart of London.
Several options of A La Carte, Table d'Hote and special offers.

• Visited April 2011
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food, wine and service at a very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

Fantastic little bistro just five minutes walk from Marriott Chancery Court hotel and Holborn tube station.

We had an early dinner here before seeing a show. My daughter had telephoned the restaurant earlier and arranged a surprise bottle of champagne to celebrate Mothers Day and the waitress had gone to the trouble of buying a Mothers Day card for my sister and I, which was very much appreciated by us. Both waitresses were very pleasant and efficient.

There were four of us dining and the food was fantastic. To give an idea of the menu: I had smoked paprika aubergine with tomato, feta cheese, mint and parsley salad to start, traditional Boeuf Bourguignon as a main and banoffee pie as dessert. All three dishes were delicious.

Another plus point is the price of the food and wine. A two course dinner is just £18.90 per person. As well as the Bollinger champagne, which was extremely cheap for restaurant prices at £50, we had a bottle of the house red which, as well as being really nice and smooth, was only £13.50.

I have been to London a few times now and this is the best restaurant I have been to.

• Visited April 2011